Hey guys,

as I already mentioned in the title, I'm looking for a helpful tool / script to decorate my ServUO Shard.

Specifically I'm looking for an assistant or something to create a serverside static world, maybe with helpful features for building and placing static items/tiles, maybe with preview of them?

I don't want to create new maps or custom clients, just static tiles and more.

Does anyone has a suggestions if something like this is available?
I'm also not able to find a tool which is working for newer uo clients to show item tiles with their id's.

Greetings and thanks in advance,

cmruo

Last edited:
I know there is pandora box, but other than that i don't know.
There is also UO Fiddler (to see the itemids and much more), i heard there was some ways (plugins or idk) to get the latest files or something.
For my part i'm doing everything by hand directly, so i can't help you any further than that.

If you create a building then freeze it [ in game command ] then it becomes part of the map. Which means it won't take up item count, if that's what you're concerned about.
But - in order for others to see it you'd then have to distribute your map file.

IMO - it's better to go non static so you don't need to use custom files and you can easily update to newer client versions

Yes i meant just a helpful addon/servuo script/ or external tool to add static items / help to fulfill [add static .... or to show / preview items with their id's. Anything what can help building a static item world. :)

Okay, well than I must hang on PandorasBox, it's pretty good combined with an old client to view almost all tiles.

Thank you guys. :)

No problem!
Also on a related topic, you might find those commands handy:

This will create a floor with a random tile effect:
[tile static 1313 4

Some floor tiles are not so normal tho, the static 1181 and 1183 are linked and 1182 and 1184 are linked, so you can't really do it for that.
In such case, you can just do:
[tile static 1181
then:
[m set itemid 1183

If you want to tile stuffs on the same z:
[tilez 20 static 1313 4

For roads you can do:
[tile static 12788 8
Then filling the inside of the dirt with 6025~ (grass) etc . as well as the outside.
If you wonder what i mean by 'outside' set your bodyvalue as the death bodyvalue (ex: 402), and you will see how it looks for dead people.
Note: There is also a dirt fading edge for that purpose, but it can be selected and turns yellow, so using grass blends more.

Thanks a lot Po0ka. The multitile placing was exactly what I was looking for. :)

Don't know all commands yet, it's huge + XMLSpawner.

If you don't know much yet, you should consider making up a quick list of important commands/itemids so you can refer easily.
Also, if you want some more recommandations regarding decoration, remember that the static item has a "Light" property, and some items like light sources, symbols, crystals, some mushrooms, braziers, walls with windows, etc. will display the wall-window light by default, so be sure to set the appropriate light type to the right item :p

Here's another useful command that i forgot to mention, the "inc" command, ex:
[inc x 10

This can be used with "m" and "area", and you can stack the properties.
[area inc x 10 y -4

Basically, the inc command allows you to increase/decrease multiple properties at once, use it with caution with the addons; when you do an area effects on an addon such as a large stone table or a loom, it will affect each piece. This means the loom will move twice the distance if you increase it in an area.

and then you can pair like anything with the [m command to call it as long as you doesnt cancel it like [m inc hue 1
in that case you can hold down last target, in case you look for a specific hue

Very useful. Yes, I should keep a list of my favorite commands. Just installed UO Architect on my dedicated Server, furthermore Pandoras Box and UO Fiddler. Still pretty good working with client version 7.0.20. Now I can work on it. hehe. Thanks, i will keep that in mind.

Back