Hello,

I'm looking for a project to assist with. I work full time in the IT Industry, so my time would be limited to around 14 hours a week approximately (may vary, but i anticipate no less than 14). I've been tinkering around with server files for the sake of a hobby for some time, and have decided i need to branch away from what i am doing, and invest myself somewhere where i can be of use.

I am willing to offer my support in any of the following areas, to whatever degree you wish.
-Scripting (experience: mild/some experience, enough to get around)
-Building (experience: lots of experience)
-Decor (perhaps more on the dungeon side of things, never been much of an interior decorator)
-Web Design (not as preferred, but i'll help. I know it is important.)

If you think you could use an extra pair of hands around the workshop, PM me, or contact me here, and we will discuss your project, and work together to determine if we are a good fit for one another, and if i can benefit your project, and go from there.

I'll just mention that the ServUO project proper always has need for contributors. A great way to get involved is to look at the issues log and work an issue. Just make sure you pick an issue that isn't already assigned, and assign yourself or make a comment that you're working on it.

Hi there. I'm relatively new to these forums, but on my hunt for someone that has skills with scripting I stumbled on ServUO and your post. I will explain a bit about where I am at and maybe if you're interested you might like to see some of the work we've done so far.

We started work on our shard over a year ago in winter of 2014. The team started large, but as is want to happen, many in the group lost interest at varying points in time throughout. Recently, the resolve of a large portion of the team faltered and it has become much smaller. Our dedication to completing the shard, however, has not failed and the only skills that we currently lack at our table is an effective scripter.

We have a custom map that I have personally spent over a year building on. Our main area of the map for launch is now nearing completion. We have a dedicated lore writer that is managing and organizing our lore and we have a developer that is helping with the general oversight of the project. All of us that remain have been there from the start and we have a pretty solid idea of some of the things that we're hoping to see from the scripts. However, while we have ideas for the scripts, we are also aware that the scripter needs to believe in the dream as much as us. That's why I would like to invite you to come visit our shard workshop via the forums or skype and speak with some of the people that have dedicated their time and invested so much energy into the server.

Scripting is not the only potential possibility, either, though it is the most necessary at this time. There is a large portion of our map that will require building work further down the line and the opportunity to make many dungeons.

I don't know that we will be able to muster much compensation for the project save for a say in the developmental process and the potential to stay on as a staff member when all is said and done, but I would be very grateful if you would be willing to offer your time and expertise.

Let me know if you are possibly interested in continuing discussion or if you would like to see some snapshots of the map progress as it stands thus far. Thank you for your time in reading this.

-Admin Col

Back