Greetings,
I have been playing UO for the past 10 years and am actually more interested in helping build and run one. I have gained a lot of knowledge of the game over the years and actually had a chance to work on a couple shards but the projects were soo small they didn't last long and everyone gave up trying to make it. I am mostly interested in the classic T2A style of the game because that is mostly what I have played over the years and to me it's more simple and better game experience then the newer shards I have tried. I am looking to work on a project that isn't afraid to re-create the classic style of the game and to just have fun with the game not trying to spice it up with all the new fancy stuff, but also add new content to the game at the same time. If anyone has a server like this that needs help please let me know. Or if someone has been interested in starting a server like this let me know as well. I can dedicate quite a bit of time into this project and I think it would be a fun hobby.

Well, if you are interested in getting your feet wet, I run a RunUO server for about 10 people, but we have a few problems that we just don't have the knowledge to fix.

After working on a small project a couple years ago I am now back looking to work on a project again. I have gotten back into playing UO again but I really miss building the world more then actually playing. On the server I was working on before I was able to edit the codes pretty easily and add custom things such as skill scrolls and new mobs. I still have a very large resources of custom scripts I have collected and mostly just want to help start a new shard get going. I'm mostly into the older versions of UO up to T2A which I would prefer to work with. I have been pondering the idea of making my own shard but would like to see if I could join an existing team first before I go start on that.

I'm still looking to have fun helping some people with a shard. I am mostly interested in a t2a server. Anything past the t2a expansion in my opinion just spreads out the population of a shard too much and seems like it would be very difficult to get an active community playing.

Back