1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed -luck items can trick Fame Based Point systems.

Discussion in 'Archived Bug Reports' started by hanghost, Feb 23, 2018.

1. hanghost

hanghost New Member

Hello everyone

This line of code can be found in a few places throughout the repository when it comes to storing fame based points:

pm.VASTotalMonsterFame += (int)(bc.Fame * (1 + Math.Sqrt(pm.RealLuck) / 100))/10;

Assuming that someone puts on a -luck item (can be found using the new RunicGenerator or just by browsing the Mysterious Wisp wares). The above starts giving -thousands of millions of points and makes the system trick into dropping the item by eventually overflowing i guess.

Regards,
    Andrei.

2. Tasanar

Moderator ServUO Developer

I can confirm this bug.

confirmed.png

So first I made a test character with a -100 luck item. I could not get it to bug out. However with -1000 luck it DID bug out.

Since you can get a whole suit of items with -100 luck there needs to be something added where if luck < 0 luck = 0.

3. hanghost

hanghost New Member

After checking the latest repository code, you might need more than -250 luck (so 3 items) depending on your settings due to how RealLuck is calculated but only if you are in Felucca.