1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Magic Walls are walkable

Discussion in 'Archived Bug Reports' started by RedDragon, Dec 25, 2013.

1. RedDragon

RedDragon Member

in malas with felluca rules energy field, paralyzing field and wall of stone are walkable.
    they don't stop the player from walking over.

#1 RedDragon, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  2. Hank

Hank Active Member

I don't want to sound like a jerk but...*proceeds to sound like a jerk*

Why dont you download the latest publish distro files of servuo before you make unconfirmed bug posts?
    You can't walk through any of those things you mentioned. I just tested this.

You either have code that is interfering with your server or you have done a sloppy job at adding some system(s) / script(s).
    This is not your first post about a bug that is not even a bug for the distro. So please save us all the time and simply download a clean copy of the servuo server and try your presumed bug on that before jumping to conclusions about things. Thank you!

*Vents*

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. RedDragon

RedDragon Member

your reply don't help me.
    if you don't want to help, don't reply, please. thanks.

4. Hank

Hank Active Member

How dare you dislike my post for your own lack of experience.
    It could be that you're client isn't in match with your server.
    It could be your server has code (as i mentioned above) that is interfering with things.
    There is a few reasons, but posting that it's a distro bug is not one of them.

So you can take your dislike and have a merry christmas.
    I typed a lot worse things but I backspaced them because i know how soft and tender internet people are.
    I'll only say that RedDragon you're not worth the time I have left in my life. So please dislike this, nuke it, hell give me a drama queen emote. I don't care.

Edit:
    Bug reports forum is for the distro files not your custom shard files or script support. :mad:

#4 Hank, Dec 25, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. RedDragon

RedDragon Member

in runuo if you set malas to felluca rules, walls works.
    in servuo if you set malas to felluca rules, walls don't work.

if you don't want to help, don't reply, please. thanks.
    i'm sure that a good people will help :D

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  6. Hank

Hank Active Member

Person*

Why dont you start by testing it on a clean distro copy you have never once said you did that.
    Next step is to post your mapdefinitions.cs

"Good" People don't have access to your computer you need to provide them with enough details so that they can help you with modifying the distro files.
    I've seen posts like yours over a hundreds times on the runuo forums, a person looking for script support and they provide so little detail that no one takes the time to help them. Save yourself and others the trouble please, please, please!!!
    Which brings this whole thing full circle and you need to post this in script support not Bug reports. ffs

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RedDragon

RedDragon Member

just changed TrammelRules with FeluccaRules.

8. Omni

Omni Member

Changing the rule set of a map would have no effect what so ever on the effect of spells..

Because if what your saying is correct then why does it only effect malas? (or haven't you tested fel?)

There are 2 possible situations that are creating this problem for you..

You've added a custom spell system that hasn't been added correctly and has bugged these spells for you..
    You've made edits to your current spell system which has bugged these spells..

RedDragon you do need to do a bit more testing before you list a bug on here as it will disatract the developers from genuine bugs and completing the project..

I'd suggest you have 2 servers 1 that you are customising and the other which is a clean install completly unedited.

If you have problems on your custom then test it on a clean first.. Many Scripters do this to find out what problems they have created changing files..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Ravenwolfe

Moderator ServUO Developer

This is a very interesting one. I'm seeing the same thing on a vanilla ServUO. When I change the rules in Malas to Felucca Ruleset, I can still walk thru the wall of stone.

I can tell that the MapDefinitions is working correctly because I can not push thru mobiles in malas when set to felucca rules.

So that means the field rules are being set in a manner other than Map Rules. I'm still working on this. I'm wondering it is something in tiledata or worse, client side.

• Love You Love You x 1
  10. Ravenwolfe

Moderator ServUO Developer

Ok, here is what I am seeing:

A call is being made by wall of stone to do a notoriety check and determine if someone is an enemy or ally and to block them only (so it wouldn't block yourself if you cast and try to walk thru). This makes sense for maps that are not under felucca rules. By default the felucca map will block everyone regardless of the map rules (something in notoriety.cs doing this - never could find where.)

Code (C#):
    1.  public override bool OnMoveOver(Mobile m)
    2.             {
    3.                 int noto;
    5.                 if (m is PlayerMobile)
    6.                 {
    7.                     noto = Notoriety.Compute(this.m_Caster, m);
    8.                     if (noto == Notoriety.Enemy || noto == Notoriety.Ally)
    9.                         return false;
    10.                 }
    11.                 return base.OnMoveOver(m);
    12.             }
    This can be changed to consider the map rules (if the map is set to felucca rules, it will block everyone):

Code (C#):
    1.  public override bool OnMoveOver(Mobile m)
    2.             {
    3.                 int noto;
    5.                 if (m is PlayerMobile)
    6.                 {
    7.                     noto = Notoriety.Compute(this.m_Caster, m);
    8.                     if (noto == Notoriety.Enemy || noto == Notoriety.Ally)
    9.                         return false;
    11.                     if (m.Map != null && (m.Map.Rules & MapRules.FreeMovement) == 0)
    12.                      return false;
    13.                 }
    14.                 return base.OnMoveOver(m);
    15.             }
    Now, its my opinion that this is a bug, since a change in the map rules should cause things to act like they do in Felucca. My recommendation is to make the above change to wallofstone.cs and energyfield.cs in the ServUO distro. However, this decision probably needs to be made by @Insanity.

@RedDragon - bug or not, the above change should fix your issue and it needs to be done in wallofstone.cs and energyfield.cs.

#10 Ravenwolfe, Dec 25, 2013
    • Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Milva

Admin Moderator

Thanks Ravenwolfe if @Insanity would like this moved to bug reports then I will do so :)

12. Toriad

Toriad Shard Owner

The changes were made as per ravenwolfe's suggestion. Thanks for the fix.

On the topic of the obvious hostility in the beginning of this thread. Let's all work together to get these things resolved, that being said a lot of your bug reports don't seem like distro issues to me, so try to double check if its a distro problem before you submit it here.

• Agree Agree x 1