manwitch submitted a new resource:

Map Charter/Cartography Table - Stores map makers pen charges

Add map makers pen to add charges then it works like the other skill tables like the sewing machine, tnker bench and so on.

You need one edit to DefCartography.cs for it to work right, otherwise it will just be a deco and turn the animation on and off.

Add this around line 32 of DefCartography.cs - public override CraftECA ECA => CraftECA.FiftyPercentChanceMinusTenPercent;

This may not be the correct calculation, but it seems to work fine to me lol... enjoy

Read more about this resource...

Need a screen shot of where you are putting this line in relation to the rest of the script. Line 32 won't work. Compiled adding it before line 31 - public override SkillName MainSkill but no idea if it worked because the deed makes an invisible item.

I can spawn the deed, select south or east but when I place it, its invisible and I can walk thru it. The deed just says Blessed as a name, not that it's a cartography table or anything

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
You need to be running a uo client that's new enough to have this artwork.

So if possible update your client and it should be fine.

If you can't update your client then you would need to get the art work from a newer client and add it to yours using like fiddler or pandora or something. lol I don't know much about doing all that, I always use an updated client. But I know some people have basically thier own client and have users download it. So if thats your case ... yea you just need to get the art work.

Strange, I just rechecked it on both the classic and the enhanced client and it is working fine for me. I don't have a clue why it wouldn't be working for you. This is what my DefCartography looks like starting at line 30

public override SkillName MainSkill => SkillName.Cartography;
public override int GumpTitleNumber => 1044008;
public override CraftECA ECA => CraftECA.FiftyPercentChanceMinusTenPercent;
public override double GetChanceAtMin(CraftItem item)

Question, what version of servuo are you using? I use the version before they removed all the xml stuff (57 I think and now they are on 58??), so I can't say whether this will work for newer versions of servuo.

The deed should say Map Charter (this is what osi uo calls it)

Last edited:
Here is my file. It seems it's a good bit different from yours since your line 32 is closer to my line 50. I still don't think that's the issue. I'm trying to figure out which version (pub) i'm running. I know it's not 58. If I had to guess, it's 57 but I'm trying to figure out, to be sure.
I went into fiddler, pointed to the latest download of the UO client and tried to find the individual table tiles or animations and they don't seem to be there. (43079) 0xA847 which is the table itself, south i think, is just blank. All the ones around it are blank also so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get the animations if they aren't in the latest download. Seems like I must be missing something simple

Attachments

• DefCartography.cs
    6.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Yea, the artwork starts at 43059 and is in order to 43082 (including the box that acts as a drop) If you don't have this art work then I would update your uo client, that's for sure where it comes from. How are you updating your uo client? I always just go to the location its installed and open the folder and find the UO.exe towards the bottom of the folder (make sure the file type is application), which opens the client and automatically patches you to the newest version from osi.

Other than that I have no idea why this isnt working for you, shy of it being an edit you've made conflicting with it. if your DefCartography.cs is that much different you obviously have some edits I don't. I haven't messed with too many core edits, or script edits for that matter I just add new ones.

Back