Hi, guys.

So, I ran into a weird issue today.
I'm using a custom map on my shard (created in CentrED) and UltimaLive.
Today, after updating my map I noticed that there is a spot where the changes do not work.

Here's how this area looks in CentrED:

upload_2017-3-4_20-5-37.png

And this is how it looks ingame after updating the files:

upload_2017-3-4_20-6-38.png

The ingame map still contains these old static trees and grasses (they were there before the changes in CentrED) and as you can see, only a piece of the area seems to be updated.
Every other bit of the map where changes were applied work properly.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Check which area it's in, this is just a guess but maybe its pulling in additional graphics info from other files for that area, something like when haven changed or moonglow way back. Just a guess tho ;)

Do you have the old map diff files in your custom client fileset? Try removing them from the file folder if you aren't using them. This should not break anything, but (as always), back them up to be safe.

Did you sync the client and server files as well so they are the same versions? It sounds silly, but I've forgot to do both sets before.

You can also try running your files through the defrag that Fiddler provides in the Map tab.

Found the solution.
UltimaLive temp files were the issue. Adding any static in-game causes the area to be "locked" against any changes in CentrED.
I had to clean the temp files to get it to work. :)

Back