Hi,

Does anybody know of any map-making tools that are compatible with the new client?
I'd really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

-Ted

Doesn't Centred work?

Keep in mind that my client experience is about 7 years out of date. Are there no more MUL files for maps and they are now just UOP or whatever?

There is also Centred+, does that handle newer stuff?

I can't get Centred to work. I'm pretty sure that MUL files in t heir pure form are gone. You can compile MULs into UOPs, but the main map data is in UOPs.

Hello guys. I nedd this answer to. I wanna have my ownuo server and playing with my friends forexmple only on newest 3d client(And now its working). But how i can decorate my server what the files imust to use and what the special programm?

There are two types of decoration. You can use one or both in conjunction, depending on the items.

1) Statics that are frozen to client files and distributed to players. (more efficient, but changes require redistribution again,)
2) Items or statics that exists on the server and are downloaded by players when they come in proximity to them. (less efficient, but more flexible when making changes)

All statics can be frozen, not all items can. Some can even be frozen but it is ill advised to do so, eg: doors.

CentrED+ (only the first method). Independent of Server. Directly writes to client mul files. You can also directly edit terrain/map with this tool.

Not sure if Pandoras Box still works on all newer clients, but Lokai has made this ingame SearchImage tool for finding statics. Once added you can save them to a server-side file with Nerun's static exporter for use with the [decorate command OR freeze them to map by using the [freeze and [freezemap commands ingame.

There are two types of decoration. You can use one or both in conjunction, depending on the items.

1) Statics that are frozen to client files and distributed to players. (more efficient, but changes require redistribution again,)
2) Items or statics that exists on the server and are downloaded by players when they come in proximity to them. (less efficient, but more flexible when making changes)

All statics can be frozen, not all items can. Some can even be frozen but it is ill advised to do so, eg: doors.

CentrED+ (only the first method). Independent of Server. Directly writes to client mul files. You can also directly edit terrain/map with this tool.

Not sure if Pandoras Box still works on all newer clients, but Lokai has made this ingame SearchImage tool for finding statics. Once added you can save them to a server-side file with Nerun's static exporter for use with the [decorate command OR freeze them to map by using the [freeze and [freezemap commands ingame.

I have oneproblem - newest 3d client dont have mull files:(

It can no longer extract from .uop map files to mules? In the new client? If possible, it's not a problem to create your own map.
As far as possible (using programs: uoptool. UO Fiddler - plugin uopunpacker and Nolok's LegacyMULConverter-N), you will convert a .uop map to mul format. then you paint pictures for terrain and height in a bimap environment and use UO Lanscaper to generate to .mul format. a map is created. then convert the mul format to .uop format.

Attention: This sounds very simple. But the work is for example map0.mul for a year to two to be good and functional.

For local map editing (whether mul or uop format) use centered + from StaticZ

Back