I was able to receive some custom map files from a friend who hasn't ran a shard in years. He said I could add them to mine. I want to edit them with CentrED+ and I don't know the map size. How would I find out.

BTW--the friend forgot what size they were, its been that long.

If you look in Scripts/Misc/MapDefinitions.cs

You'll see the new map sizes, now this being said, it also has Trammel/Felucca old map size in the custom map line for "Iceland"

Code:
	 RegisterMap(0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 1, "Felucca", MapRules.FeluccaRules); //new map size
            RegisterMap(1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.TrammelRules); //new map size
            RegisterMap(2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar", MapRules.TrammelRules);
            RegisterMap(3, 3, 3, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas", MapRules.TrammelRules);
            RegisterMap(4, 4, 4, 1448, 1448, 1, "Tokuno", MapRules.TrammelRules);
            RegisterMap(5, 5, 5, 1280, 4096, 1, "TerMur", MapRules.TrammelRules);

RegisterMap( 32, 0, 0, 6144, 4096, 3, "Iceland", MapRules.FeluccaRules ); //old map size

It really depends on when and what map your friend used!

all i got was the map, staidx and statics files. they were custom maps. he has no clue what size they are. the shard files were corrupted or else i would know what size they are. he said they are custom sizes.

i'd open the file using UOfiddler and scroll all the way to the top right corner. the bottom left of the fiddler screen will tell you the coordinates
chances are it's the old fel size 6144, 4096

You can tell the map sizes by the bytes as well. Here is some info on it from StaticZ (CED+ dev):

adl.dropboxusercontent.com_u_5324554_Map_20Sizes.jpg

If its a custom size map, it will be a lot harder to figure out.

Is there a number on the map file?? Map0 Map1 Map2 Map3 ???

Your friend should be able to remember at least what Facet the map was for.. if he created them, that much he should remember. It is possible that he did a Hex edit to a client to make it an unordinary map size too.. if thats the case, your in for a heck of a time figuring it out..

Just remember if you use Eri's maps, you need to use Eri's files. Or at the very least merge them with stock files.

ok, I see what you mean, Because he used whatever he had in walls, art, floors, etc for his maps. On one hand, what a custom art file for a shard, on the other hand, mmmmmm, can't think of anything right now.

I'm new to map making myself so please forgive me if this suggestion is ignorant but couldn't he use something like "mul2bmp.exe" to convert it to a bitmap and then see the dimensions?

i just might have those lost images floating around in the closet...

Is that sad.. or really cool? man.. its sad, huh..

I'm new to map making myself so please forgive me if this suggestion is ignorant but couldn't he use something like "mul2bmp.exe" to convert it to a bitmap and then see the dimensions?

I used UoFiddler to export the map image, but it definitely matches up.

@Dian don't worry, i'm ONLY stalking you. sheesh
jk
but really, i can't help it if you're all over the place. :p
Considering the size of your Ultima drive, it'd be pretty sad if you Didn't have it.

I dont know if I really even should look, lol! every time I start sifting through that thing, I wake up in strange places days later..

Back