ServUO Version
Publish 58
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
Greetings!

So I was playing with things and trying everything out and it seems the Match and Match Cord are missing from the Alchemy crafting menu. They exist in game, I can [add Matches and [add Matchcord, but there is no way to craft them.

I checked in DefAlchemy.cs and they are not there, but I'll admit to being ignorant to the way the newest distro works... back several years ago I had to modify the core scripts, now I'm seeing that I can add something to a custom script that sort of adds to the core... I don't recall it being that way last time I was running a server, or quite possibly I just didn't know it could be done lol.

Do I modify the DefAlchemy or is there some other wat to obtain the match stuff?

Thanks in avdance,

~C~

I took a peak and it seems that Alchemy is missing these items!
Yes, you would edit the defalchemy or add them in via custom script!

Also missing the Chicken Coop and Incubator from the Carpenter menu.

Not surprising, there are thousands of items in this game, a few are bound to be missed... particularly when they are inconsequential to most people.
Also missing the Chicken Coop and Incubator from the Carpenter menu.

Not surprising, there are thousands of items in this game, a few are bound to be missed... particularly when they are inconsequential to most people.
DOH! Nevermind... it was under "Other" rather than furniture and it's "a" chicken coop, so my eyes just gleaned past it lol

Last edited:
It is because Matches and Match cords, along with cleaning the cannon (swab) were removed on production and the whole process was simplified which was carried over to ServUO.

Ship Cannon Crafting & Firing Update​

• Match & Matchchord have been removed from alchemy crafting and are no longer needed in the cannon use process.
    • The match can still be used to fire a cannon
    • Match & match chord can be turned in for Cleanup Britannia points
  • Crafting potash no longer requires water as an ingredient, instead crafters must be near a water source which includes the water trough, water tub, water barrel, bucket of water, fountain of life, sinks, dragon tubs, dragon turtle fountains, koi ponds, and the water wheel.
  • Potash now functions as a “make all” item and will craft as much as possible based on available ingredients.
  • The following changes have been made to existing cannon resources,
    • “light” and “heavy” powder charges are now simply “powder charge”
    • “light” and “heavy” cannonballs are now simply “cannonball”
    • “light” and “heavy” grapeshot is now simply “grapeshot”
    • “light” and “heavy” frost and flame cannonballs are now simply “frost cannonball” and “flame cannonball”
    • updated tileart for powder charge to make it more visually distinctive from cannonballs
    • updated tileart for grapeshot to make it more visually distinctive from powder charges
  • The following changes have been made to cannons & associated resources,
    • All existing cannons must be dismantled and replaced before use after Publish 104 is deployed.
    • The “light cannon” is now known as “culverin”
    • The “heavy cannon” is now known as “carronade”
    • Polished art assets for cannons to make them more visually distinctive
    • The metallic dyetub can now be used on placed cannons to hue them
    • Cannons are now containers, resources for firing cannons can be placed inside them in what is referred to as the “magazine”
  • The following changes have been made to the cannon firing process,
    • Cleaning a cannon is no longer required and the swab has been removed from tinkering. Existing swabs can be turned in for Cleanup Britannia points.
    • When double clicking a cannon the firing control has two options “PREP” and “FIRE”
      • A player must be within 2 tiles to execute this action
    • Place cannon firing resources inside the magazine and push the “PREP” button to begin the cannon firing process. Resources will be taken from the magazine.
      • Only 1 player may participate in preparing the cannon for firing.
    • Cannons will automatically move through each step in the “PREP” process so long as resources are present in the magazine.
      • This process will continue so long as the player is present on the ship, if the player leaves the ship the process will pause.
    • Cannons can now be fired with a match or a torch, as such torches will no longer auto-douse when placed in the backpack.

Back