Resource icon

Merge/Repack full servers plus all scripts from archives 2019-06-19

No permission to download

VickVega

Diamond Donator
Oct 22, 2015
VickVega submitted a new resource:

Merge/Repack full servers plus all scripts from archives - This is a full server merge of two custom servers and all other scripts from the resource section.

Hope this doesn’t step on any toes and not sure this is even useful to anyone else. Certainly not my intention to take credit for anyone else’s hard work. I took the Full ServUO Server “Land of Archon” uploaded by Diesel and the full server “The Grove” uploaded by jase giffin and merged all of the parts that didn’t reconcile as far as systems and scripts. Then I went through all of the resources in the ServUO Resources section and got every script that I...
Read more about this resource...

Nytewyrm

Jun 3, 2014
Mesa, Arizona
Shard Name
warzone
This is the most amazing pack I have seen, has everything you could ever image, one question would you be able to explain how to make the UO store work in this? Could it be dropped in would that require a lot of coding to make it compatible, I know this was a pack built from years ago before the UO store was available but that would be a excellent addon if someone could tell me how to make it work with this.

I tried to drop the files in but had several errors.

Attachments

Heamo Goblin

Jul 12, 2015
This is the most amazing pack I have seen, has everything you could ever image, one question would you be able to explain how to make the UO store work in this? Could it be dropped in would that require a lot of coding to make it compatible, I know this was a pack built from years ago before the UO store was available but that would be a excellent addon if someone could tell me how to make it work with this.

I tried to drop the files in but had several errors.
Anything in the world of coding is possible!
The older Repos did not have alot of the new features that the new repo does and one of them is vendor searching... Compare a new repo with what you have and go from their using winmerge!

ion

Mar 20, 2013
Shard Name
Bane
How would you update this to current code?

VickVega

Diamond Donator
Oct 22, 2015
How would you update this to current code?
So if you are talking about the custom content (custom scripts and systems)what I did was integrate them one at a time. They all work with the new master with various degrees of difficulty to implement. Plenty are drag and drop. I learned a lot but pulling everything from this repo and getting it into the newest master. A lot I was able to do myself with trial and error and other stuff I had help from the people on these forums who are all very helpful, friendly and responsive if you are trying to work at it and not just asking for someone to do the work for you. The best way to do it is one by one. At least that is what I did. You will get a ton of errors and have to work through them one by one but every time you do you will learn a little bit about why they occurred and it makes fixing the next one that much easier.

Reactions: Quasar

Nytewyrm

Jun 3, 2014
Mesa, Arizona
Shard Name
warzone
I love your idea there, if we all had time, curious did you run into any systems that were not able to be implemented? Also did you use anything special to fix them such as visio or just some good old notepad++ I am not good at C# and would love to get more proficient with it when I get the time, but love Ultima online ever since it first came out. I just host a server for about 3 people, but this pack has all the systems iv tried for in the past

VickVega

Diamond Donator
Oct 22, 2015
Same here on both... I don't have a ton of time. I have had a couple that were more problems then they seemed worth. When something was like that for me I put it in a "Look at this one later folder." I don't know much C#. All I know I learned from working directly with scripts. So when I get a script that throws up errors I put it in Notepad++ and find the line(s) that the error indicates. As stupid as it sounds.... first thing I always try is // the line. A ton of older scripts seemed like they had lines that have since become erroneous. Warning.... this probably not a good approach lol.... may wreak havoc later but you asked... just being honest. So what I do is look at where the script is failing.... then find a similar script that works in the new master and look for the same area where the language should be. Once you see them side by side a lot of times you can piece together what has been changed in how the new master interacts or the subtle changes in language. All else fails ask in the forums or the discord.... Always someone to help from what I have seen.