1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merry XML-mas!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mogster, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Mogster

Mogster Member

Just to be clear these are direct copies of posts of ArteGordon's advice from XMLSpawnerfan.

I'm still breaking into to using this wonderful tool in UO at the shard I develop for and, well, it's really hard going with the limited information there is out there nowadays. Hopefully, this'll help other budding XML-experimenters out there, at least a little.

Oh, and Merry Christmas. :p

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
    • Two Thumbs Up x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Helpful x 1
  2. Milva

Admin Moderator

Very nice Thanks for sharing I'm sure this will be very helpful to everyone interested in XML Spawner and Merry Christmas! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jerry

Jerry New Member

Thanks for posting this. I am really wanting to learn more about using this as well and this information will help out a lot.
    I

4. Mogster

Mogster Member

You're welcome Jerry. :) There are other useful sites out there also, most notably here at Grimmwold.com. However, the place is just about on it's last legs now that their shard is shut down.

Myself, I'm looking for something a bit more comprehensive than the precious few websites the interweb seems to offer. There's gotta be some sort of documentation flying about for XMLspawner and things like XMLedit, surely?

• Like Like x 1
  5. manofwar

manofwar Member

I do not know if it would help you but i got a complete back up of the old site with all the post! if i see interest in it I'll try to set it up some how or post it here or my site. LOL I still have not made my site open to the public. I am doing more like a uo repository site so I might be able to open it this year. I am tired of loosing all the stuff I have found on old outdated pages so I have so much stuff backed up I plan on putting on the site. Anyhow maybe I can scratch up something.

6. ETsCat

ETsCat Member

would you happen to have the UltUoMap.jpg ? mine is corrupted. Also looking for the underworld, and all the spawns for the rest of the lower world.

7. ETsCat

ETsCat Member

Seams that ServUO has no RunicTinkerTool.. Think some one could upload one for me?

8. m309

Admin Moderator ServUO Developer

I'm not sure what either of your two posts on this thread have to do with the topic. Can you start a new thread in the appropriate forum section please? You're more likely to actually get an answer, and it helps people in the future that have the same issue.

9. john burns

john burns Member

Thank you. I too am seeing outdated material on this addon and find myself asking alot of questions about it on the forums.

Thank god for those.

10. tass23

If you look in the Tutorials area, there are a bunch of Xmlspawner tutorials ;)

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  11. john burns

john burns Member

Yes I have seen those, and I even looked online. I just wish someone had made updated documents for this.

Not that I am saying anything bad about what ServUO has, I just think it would save us ALOT of guessing.

12. Candy Apple

Candy Apple Member

Im wondering about the XML and how to put it in there to drop a few items random on a mob. I got the Dragon/name/test/bodyvalue/401/ADD,0.4/<ring> part down but forgot the RND part to have it drop more than just the ring! Any help and ty

13. tass23

Every ADD allows you to put another item in a mob's loot (backpack). So, to put more than a ring:
    Code (C#):
    1. Dragon/name/Test/BodyValue/401/ADD,0.4/<ring/name/Precious/hue/1161>/ADD,0.6/<thinlongsword/name/Metal Toothpick/hue/RND,1161,1201>/ADD,0.8/<fork/name/Spoon>
    The above code will:
    1. Add a Ring, named Precious that has a 40% chance to appear.
    2. Add a ThinLongSword, named Metal Toothpick, with a random hue between 1161 and 1201, and a 60% chance to appear.
    3. Add a Fork, named Spoon, with an 80% chance to appear.

Now, if you wanted those three item to appear randomly:
    Code (C#):
    1. Dragon/name/Test/BodyValue/401/ADD,0.4/RNDSTRLIST,<ring/name/Precious/hue/1161>,<thinlongsword/name/Metal Toothpick/hue/RND,1161,1201>,<fork/name/Spoon>

#13 tass23, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1