hi i was asking myself why to wear other than leather armor...

i found out that on osi u will loose more stamina in leather than as an example in studded when u get damage. Another thing i found is that metal armor isnt meddable but u willl get lower mana cost while wearing it.

were can i find the last thing in a script? i searched based armor and some other .cs but didnt find anything.

lower mana cost is common to every BaseArmor, if it is no meditation allowed, you still can use magics, but with a lower mana cost. So you either have to choose: more resistance, lower mana cost and no regeneration, or less resistance, more mana cost but more regeneration.

As for the meditation allowance property, i think it is in BaseArmor.cs, as MeditationAllowance.

Publish 81 introduced Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost. Each piece of non-medable armor will provide LMC with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor (up to five pieces) will provide a small percentage of LMC, which is not subject to the item property LMC cap of 40% and is neither shown on the item itself. The armor pieces which provide the most LMC will take priority (see list below):

• Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of LMC per piece
  • Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of LMC per piece
  • Non-medable and woodland armor provides no inherent LMC.
Thus, as of Publish 81, a character covered in 5 pieces of studded leather can reach an total 55% LMC.

Whether or not this is implemented on ServUO i dont know, if it's not it should probably be added as a milestone task.

i miss the old dex penalty for heavy armors, I think it rediculous that leather fairs better as armor. it should have a low durability threshold.
Im considering reverting back to dex loss and altering all armors. Dont think elves should be able to wear bone and if elves can wear leather why do they make leaf or woodland. some of the elf questers ask you to make human armor, dwarves make the best armor.

Actually, the information I gave above appears to be somewhat incorrect (it came from UOGuide). On UOGuide it says the LMC is NOT subject to the 40% cap, but the official broadsword Publish 81 release notes say that it IS subject to the 40% cap. I would obviously trust broadsword's notes more than UOGuide, as I have known UOGuide to be wrong on occasion. Also, on the stamina loss topic:

Player’s stamina loss will now be based on the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped*. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. The armor pieces which provide the most stamina loss reduction will take priority.

• Cloth armor, leather armor, and jewelry will give the same stamina loss reduction as Pub 80.
  • Blacksmith armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) will provide a heavy bonus to stamina loss reduction.
  • Studded leather armor, stone armor, bone armor, woodland armor, and hide armor will provide a light bonus to stamina loss reduction.
*Human racial ability Tough now provides a small bonus to stamina loss reduction.

I think these changes that happened in Pub 81 are an attempt to balance out armor and make each type of armor viable depending on character build.

Interesting, looks like you did your homework on this one.

however,

Its not enough to stop barbed leather from being the armor of choice.

Players on pay shard make leather pieces to sell; I have never seen a vendor with 15 or more woodland gloves for sale, i actually cant remeber seeing one. (wood resources seem too weak) Its lessened the need for mining and smithy skills.

Bottom line its way more effective in everyway to make leather armor especially since its universal for elf/human/female alike. You can farm leathers like its nobody's business.

++
I have fond memories of paying a GM blacksmith to repair my armor, they had a code of honor. I remeber when leather was useless, mages wore kilts and sandals. ;)

thanks all for enlightenment.

i will try to check it this weekend (ingame) to see if it is implemented in servuo. I couldnt find anything about in any .cs so far.

talking about amor i found this:

EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY PLATEMAIL JINGASA.

The Jingasa are chosen for their ease of manufacture, and the automatic Mage Armor property that Samurai Empire expansion metal armor has when made exceptional.

i can confirm that this is not implemented yet in servuo.

Take a look at ArmorEnum.cs.

usage:
MeditationAllowance = ArmorMeditationAllowance.All;

Also please, make a new thread next time instead of reviving an old one :p

Back