Not A Bug Missing in cooking system.

Ingromar

Apr 8, 2019
Operating System
Windows 10
ServUO Version
Version5 build 7069.24577
In the cooking system you are supposed to be able to use the sack of flour to make a bowl of flour.... however it does not seem to work at all, with the full sack or with the open sack of flour.... the only way to get a bowl of flour is to add one or buy one if the baker is spawned.

Not sure if this is just on my server or on everyones but i know i have not touched the sack of flour script so I can only assume its on everyones.

Ingromar

Apr 8, 2019
its not in the menue ...... when you use the bag of flour it creates a bowl of flour if you have a bowl..... it is not doing that

Ingromar

Apr 8, 2019
No..... it has nothing to do with the cooking menue...... when you have a sack of flour in your backup if you double click it... it opens.....it is supposed to also fill an empty bowl with flour...... this is how it has worked since uo began...... guess nobody ever cooks anymore...
Post automatically merged:

No..... it has nothing to do with the cooking menue...... when you have a sack of flour in your backup if you double click it... it opens.....it is supposed to also fill an empty bowl with flour...... this is how it has worked since uo began...... guess nobody ever cooks anymore...
The bowl of flour is in the cooking.cs script..... as is the sack of flour, when you double click the sack of flour it is supposed to open the bag of flour thus turning it into the open bag of flour, and also if you have a wooden bowl in your inventory it deletes that and makes a Bowl of flour, it however is not currently doing that, also you should be able to get 4 bowls of flour from one sack of flour, currently it does not do anything but open the sack of flour.
At least that was how it used to work when i played UO before if it has since been changed? Im not sure why the Bowl of flour is still in the cooking script if it was changed....

The bowl of flour is in the cooking.cs script..... as is the sack of flour, when you double click the sack of flour it is supposed to open the bag of flour thus turning it into the open bag of flour, and also if you have a wooden bowl in your inventory it deletes that and makes a Bowl of flour, it however is not currently doing that, also you should be able to get 4 bowls of flour from one sack of flour, currently it does not do anything but open the sack of flour.
At least that was how it used to work when i played UO before if it has since been changed? Im not sure why the Bowl of flour is still in the cooking script if it was changed....
So upon looking more at the cooking system somewhere somehow in the time since I stopped playing Uo and started back up again here on ServUO, about 9 years or so the cooking system has lost the bowl of flour in its ingredients for cooking things, you use to do as I said about with the sack of flour which would create a bowl of flour, which you would then use to make dough etc etc..... those steps have been lost over the years apparently..... as well as the sheaf of wheat creating a sack of flour never was in the cooking menue nor was it given a makers mark ......

Last edited:

Ingromar

Apr 8, 2019
Not sure Dexter, but I wouldn't think that they would take that part out of the cooking system but I will see what I can find out..... I mean when you're cooking something you don't dump the whole bag of flour in unless the recipe calls for it in real life anyway it's usually just a few cups of flour

ok I guess that they did actually take the bowl of flour out of recipes.... and its just the sack of flour now, I guess its correct to EA, but I still think its silly to need a whole sack of flour to make dough lmao .... oh well guess its not a bug after all .... Why they even have the bowl of flour in the cooking.cs is beyond me then they should have taken it out if its not used.

Last edited: