Unconfirmed Bug Moonglow Mage shops

RedBeard

May 19, 2013
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida USA
Shard Name
Virtus Imperium
The mage shops are mis-spawned. One has scribes in it, the sorceres guild is empty, Herbal splendor is where Chyloth the ferryman hangs out, and so there should be a hooded figure named "Chyloth" in there as well as mages, alchemist, herbalist. see picture below

Herb shops should just have herb sellers, and Hairstylist should only be at shops predominent in alchemy where there should also be the missing Body Sculptures which allow you access to crazy hair colors for crazy prices.
I also believe its more likely a Guildmaster for every 2 mages so we probably shouldn't have instances of more then one GuildMaster at any one shop.

This is true of many Mage/Alchemy shops but I took more notice in Moonglow since it is known as the city of magic.

***Also missing reagent spawns, but that probably was already mentioned.
Herbal_Splendor.jpg

Last edited:

Norman Lancaster

Dec 22, 2015
WTF is the ferryman doing in the herb shop in Moonglow? That makes no sense. Is that where he hangs out when he's not in Doom spawning skeletal dragons?

The scribes in the North mage shop I thought were OSI accurate, but honestly I didn't check.

Where is the Sorcerer's Guild that you mention?

Thanks!

Tasanar

ServUO Developer
Oct 16, 2014
trueuo.com
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Donate money to this user
I will double check this on real UO on multiple shards. Was a copy of him just spawned there during an EM event and then forgot about?

What production shard is that screen shot from

RedBeard

May 19, 2013
Shard Name
Virtus Imperium
I will double check this on real UO on multiple shards. Was a copy of him just spawned there during an EM event and then forgot about?

What production shard is that screen shot from
Ive seen him on Atlantic and Pacific Atlantic as recent as a month ago.
You summon him in Doom. This where you summon him from "Aegis Reagent Shop" not Herbal Splendor [correction]

Check out this link: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http://uob.zarum.de/wiki/Chyloth_the_Ferryman
Npc-quest_chylothferryman.jpg

RedBeard

May 19, 2013
Shard Name
Virtus Imperium
WTF is the ferryman doing in the herb shop in Moonglow? That makes no sense. Is that where he hangs out when he's not in Doom spawning skeletal dragons?

The scribes in the North mage shop I thought were OSI accurate, but honestly I didn't check.

Where is the Sorcerer's Guild that you mention?

Thanks!
Its SE corner of Moonglow closest shop to the zoo and cemetary

Last edited:

Tasanar

ServUO Developer
Oct 16, 2014
trueuo.com
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Donate money to this user
Wait. So he lives there but actually TELEPORTS to Doom each time a player summons him at the alter? He DISSAPEARS from that shop, shows up in doom, leaves doom, and goes back there? (I mean I am sure it is easy to do. Hide him in shop, show in doom. Hide in doom, show in shop) Cool mechanic though and sort of interesting how much you still learn about a game you NEVER stopped playing.

Besides actually getting together to test this is their a uoguide or stratics post on this also?

Reactions: ParanoiaPhD

Norman Lancaster

Dec 22, 2015
Multi-client + free account :) That'd be a really cool mechanic. If it does work like this though it would make sense that he's only there on one facet. What facet should he be present on?

Sental

Mar 2, 2016
I vaguely remember someone who stood in that shop and was there for new players to take a tour...could that be it?

Sental

Mar 2, 2016
Sometimes I wish I had live UO again just so I could go there and confirm these things. :) Fortunately, we do have people that still are active there and are nice enough to check things out.