Hey all, im looking for a multi program or a way to put multi part items together and save them as multis to help with my map development. I have tried UOArchitect but i also dont have a server i can turn on to make it work so thats kind of out of the question. Any out there or any easy ways to do what im trying to do?

What do you mean? Any custom tile properly added to your client will be available in the fiddler multi editor.

You can assemble multis serverside, although it is a bit tedious.

yeah they are in there server side, but i dont see them in the options to pick from..
[doublepost=1536722819][/doublepost]i see these options but where would any customs be? or do i have to add them in an XML somewhere?

Attachments

• fid.png
    fid.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 23
what do you mean? i have added a lot of new tiles yes. its just that the categories i have to choose from are limited.

So I think your initial thesis was correct, the multi editor will only work with certain ids, so if you replace those tiles, it will work. Anything you add, probably won't.

But you can still create the multi serverside, like how bbrigand camps are created.

mainly what i was trying to do is make it so placing multi tile items like yew trees easier but lumping them together so i can just place them etc... bummer there isnt an easier way

there is an easier way for that, those are the addons :p
I think if you make that giant Yew tree as an addon (using an addon generator)...then add it while in game...you can then freeze the map to add it to the mul file (or whatever version you are on). I think this is accurate.

I am sure you can freeze it in yes, but if its an addon I wouldnt do it. Reason is the internet connections shouldnt be an issue anymore today and also you have the option to move it freely without having to distribute new files ;)

Actually, the OP is trying to edit his map and he doesn't want to build a Yew tree tile by tile so he was looking for a quick way to put these giant trees in the world. He has no intent on moving them once his world map is built. Also, it is better just to have your map as complete as you can get it and reduce the server's item count by not having them consumed with plates, forks, cups...like RunUO would do when you "decorate" the world. If players are not going to interact with the objects, they might as well be in the map file. There is an annoyance factor when people just decorate the world in game and set things to unmovable...only to run into an area, press CNTRL-SHIFT, and have a ton of item name bubbles pop up and flood your screen.

The distribution of new map files isn't a big deal because most people that run a shard have an amount of players they can count on their fingers. There are even some programs that can auto patch for your players but having them download a zip file of replacement files isn't that big of a deal either.

Yeah I have just run into a lot of situations that could be made easier by making a multi out of tiles and placing them into my map via centered.. I just dont have a multi program that can do that so far.. especially with my custom tiles. For example, I'm making a city in the trees. I have custom trees that are huge and yew trees are the saplings so instead of piecing every tree together to create this look, I would rather just place them all as a multi and save it to the statics. Even with normal trees this would be a good thing. Almost like a tree brush in centered :)

ok guys, i figured it out and was able to save my custom tiles into a multi. You have to go to your "items tab" once you have found a tile you want to use in a multi, you right click that tile and click on "multieditor: select item" once you do that, navigate back to the multi editor tab and then you can place it. Im stoked i figured this out and hope this helps anyone else in the future trying to make things easier =)

Attachments

• multieditor.png
    multieditor.png
    202 KB · Views: 46
Back