Hello. We're a custom shard in the process of balancing some things based off skill points and Nether Blast is a big problem right now. I don't believe it was meant to stack on top of itself:

public override bool CheckCast()
{
if (HasSpell(Caster, this.GetType()))
{
Caster.SendMessage("You cannot use this ability until the last one has expired.");
return false;
}

As is, this doesn't function. I added an exclamation point in front of "HasSpell" and got it to function. All that accomplished was stop you from casting the spell at all. I searched our repository for "if (HasSpell(Caster, this.GetType()))" and realized that's just seeing if the caster has the spell.

Any help with what should go in place of "if (HasSpell(Caster, this.GetType()))" would be appreciated. I would prefer to stop the stacking as opposed to nerfing the damage even more.

Thanks.

Edit: For now, I've added a cooldown on line 99 but would still appreciate help getting the parts I mentioned working properly.

Attachments

• NetherBlast.7z
    2.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
You should test this on osi test center, and if it's a bug, report it under bug reports.
Because of how our shard is set up (stacking skills on gear to achieve new things) we have massive amounts of Myst and Focus that increase the duration of Nether Blast. On top of this, we have really high FC/FCR. I don't think this is possible to test on OSI, though it's been a decade since I was on one of their servers.
We tried testing in 2/6 casting with no extra myst/focus and it works fine b/c you can't cast it fast enough to stack with that short duration.

Thank you for replying. The cooldown on line 99 did the trick. It's not ideal but it stopped the insane DPS coming from this Skill Mastery.

Back