Not A Bug Navry drop rate just changed on servuo REPO. WHY?

Tasanar

ServUO Developer
Oct 16, 2014
trueuo.com
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Donate money to this user
What is the change in drop rate based off of? Opinion or research? On real UO it can be farmed over and over and the Tangle, Demons Bridge Ring, ect are still top rares. No keys are requires like on other peerless. She just "spawns". Maybe 2% or 3% but 5%?

http://www.uoguide.com/Navrey_Night-Eyes

On real UO, with this new loot gear, she is not only soloable but respawns every 10 minutes as per the link above. (states both so not just my opinion) If this is based off of one member complaining on the "ServUO shard" then this is rash. This was never reported as a "bug" and should be discussed. A Crimson Cincture takes keys, more risk because if you "wipe" you can not return, and usually a team. Navry does not. If you die you just go rez and come back. I propose you change this back please @dmurphy unless supporting reports can be produced. This item has no durability and lasts forever.

TAKEN FROM UOGUIDE

Soloing Navrey Night-Eyes (ETA 15 Minutes): with Magery/Mystcism/Spellweaving. Use the falling rocks for big hits, Rising Colossus to keep her busy, rapid fire fireballs or explodes, WoD when red lined if you have a good focus. Also, with a focus, wildfire. Being a gargoyle also helps to keep mounted speed while having the Rising Colossus on her.
Respawn time about 10 minutes for Navrey

I report this as a bug for being too high of a drop rate.

Last edited:

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Because it was a 1% chance at a chance to get an artifact from a list that contained 10 artifacts. That is a 0.5% chance of getting the item you would like. Navrey would take a solo player about 10-15 minutes to kill or a group 6-8 minutes. This means they would have to spend a LOOONNGG time to get the artifact they are after.

You can however set it to whatever you like on your own shard.

/edit on further reflection maybe 5% is a bit too high. I am going to set it to 2.5% and watch it closely on the ServUO shard

Last edited:

Hank

Nov 14, 2013
Earth
was going to delete all this,. idk.
The stones in the pillars aren't even scripted yet. I think they should be completed before anyone makes a judgement either way on how easy it is or is not to obtain anything off this mobile.

Video of a player demonstrating the rocks. (dmg numbers I saw 137-159 per rock that fell on Narvey)
youtu.be/bPrueOkoXbU?t=2m29s

I don't know if this video is from live maybe someone can identify the vendors/house in Luna at the start of the video.
I just know the rocks can be a big help. :( As-is without them this 'boss' is incomplete.

Edit: someone may say oh they don't matter someone with a sampire can kill narvey in the time it takes the rocks to cooldown. But a player who doesn't have a decked out sampire character cant,. and therefor can kill Narvey with low risk.

About the change to repo. Shard owners should be able to manage their shards it's not servuo's developers responsibilities to balanced and maintain their shards. We don't have the exact numbers that live has we can only make educated guesses on some things.
However there is another side that if testing is needed to be done I think it should be small scale before it goes public. After a reasonable amount of assessment time a valid change based on live should be capable.

Last edited:

Tasanar

ServUO Developer
Oct 16, 2014
trueuo.com
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Donate money to this user
I think 2.5% would be great. I really was looking at it long term.

I also know it's not their respobility and I made my own edits to navry. I was just pointing out what I found and just made a suggestion to get other people's opinions.