I have a learning disability that makes it so I can't remember much of anything from the last day or more. My new member intro post explains more. Basically that means I really can't get bogged down in a 12 hour tutorial because I forget most of what I learned yesterday, every day. I have several different options for studying C#, and I'm more than happy to get more, I just need something that will allow me to just learn a few basics to modify or even write just a little bit of code, since I'll have to re-learn it every day. I need to be able to learn C# and bang out a little code as quick as possible, even if it's inefficient and ugly.

Is there such a tutorial or short book that meets that one qualification, or is it possible to know which parts are going to be most useful to the coding I need that day? I have both the O'Reilly and Lynda tuts, and a few others, I just can't use a 12 hour course. By the time I get to the end, I've forgotten what I learned in the beginning. I really want to contribute, I just don't think I can much right now...

Thanks!

Hmm, looks like the Lynda tutorial has a summary of concepts that covers basics of everything at the start, then looks in-depth at each concept. That will allow me to learn everything, then go back and re-watch the concepts to remind myself every day. It includes Lynda's Learning C# and C# - Best Practices for Developers. I bet I can do a lot with this.

If you know of a better solution, I'll be happy to switch because I'll have to start over tomorrow anyway! :) So please let me know if you have something for me to check out.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
This guy is not bad:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Video is about an hour, but he goes pretty fast, and has links in the comments to go to specific sections of the video, which is nice.

Holy crap, that looks perfect. I'll get the video and index and start learning as soon as I finish up some beginning of the month business. Thanks, Lokai!

Mircosoft's Virtual Academy has an excellent c# set of videos you can get great basics on in a few hours and the instructor isn't boring like Chuck Schumer. Definitely recommend it.

Alright great, thanks. Yes, I've been to the Virtual Training Academy, and will likely spend more time there in the future.

Back