Status
Not open for further replies.
Regnak submitted a new resource:

New Boats and Galleons (with SmoothMove and MouseControl) - New boats and galleons like Tokuno, Orc, Gargoyle and Britain Galleons.

This resource includes the new smooth movement and mouse control packets, which are applied on Boats and Galleons.

Instances that can be created :
- NewSmallBoat (no conflict with existing boats)
- TokunoGalleon
- OrcGalleon
- GargoyleGalleon
- BritainGalleon
- NewShipwright
- all the deeds can be created in the world too.

Installation :
- Take a fresh copy of ServUO Publish 54
- Copy, Paste and Replace all the files
- Recompile ServUO
- Launch and use it

Read more about this resource...

Usage is saying "Raise Anchor" (normally a tillerman should talk and answer ... but the tillerman isn't in yet :p )
Then, double click the Wheel to move the boats :)

Nice work regnak. I'll be sure to throw this in my test centre and try it out looks very promising.

Maybe if I get some time can
Look at making the cannons etc to go along with them.

Keep up the good work.

Kudos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, how much work is left to be done on the boats themselves? I've seen a lot of "HS Boats" packages released on RunUO, CraftUO and now ServUO.. but usually on the Britannian galleon is near completion while the rest are missing sails, masts, and so on.

All the Galleons are full :)

It's just missing the cannon addons, and some details like the Tillerman NPC (the mobile version, not item)

Also, the normal boats only consist of the NewSmallBoat. I should still add all the other boats (medium, large, dragon, etc)

i have a question on the access levels for this tho. as a staff the ship work fine. but a player can only use the key to unlock and board they dont seem to have the ability to control any thoughts ?

Oh ! I will check that problem ... It's true I've always tested it with my staff account...
Thanks for reporting that problem !
I will try and see what goes wrong.

This is really awesome especially with the boat paint! :) and with players now being able to control

Tested : i've found some problem

1) Sometime "Raise Anchor" command doesn't work well.

2) The wheel sometimes disappears
(when you go in a different direction than North)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqnn6wik691ou3p/screen027.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzmbtpauvniy3k8/screen029.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2ws8dsok20uhfj/screen030.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fkh7qdhqtrrpvt/screen031.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpozat4z8ktxqxr/screen032.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8rl2gcud4a2uep/screen033.jpg

3) Galleon changed my PG name, it was "Admin" before and "General User" after

Last edited:
Thanks for testing !

I have a new version fixing the wheel for Orc and Britain Galleons (at least with full status).
I'll look for the other bugs.

I have also added a Tillerman (mobile) for the Ship Name and Dry Dock.
It seems to be working, so I'll release the new version this weekend :)

Thx all for your nice comments and for the tests.

I should remind here that all the hard work was made by nibbio. I've just tweaked his code and added some features. ;)

Next step : working on painting layers, I guess. :)

-Rek-

I'm assuming the edits RunUO made to BaseBoat, Server/Mobile, and Server/Item are not utilized in this package?

I'm assuming the edits RunUO made to BaseBoat, Server/Mobile, and Server/Item are not utilized in this package?

Yes you are right ... the Galleons come apart of the "classic" BaseBoat.cs
Also, the "classic" boats are named "NewSmallBoat" in this system.

The list of changes that need to be done to the core files (ServUO of course, not RunUO ...) is attached to this post. (For those who want to merge themselves)

Last comment, I have found a serialization error on BaseGalleon.cs ... I'm working on getting this fixed asap

Thanks every one for your encouragement and enthusiasm about this package :D

-Rek-

Attachments

• To-Do Merge SmoothMultis.txt
    23 KB · Views: 48
Mind my asking what client version you are using to work on this system? I've tried both 7.0.29.2 and 7.0.33+ and in both instances, clilocs are way off.. there's noticeable lag when roaming the boat and/or commanding it, the tillerman does not respond with any overhead text, and the ship's wheel does not appear to work after all. Granted most of these can't be attributed to the client version, but that'd at least help with determining the cliloc issue. :)

Oh, I'm surprised about such bad results ... I personnally haven't encountered those problems.

I'm using Client 7.0.34.6 ... hopefully this helps out.

Question : are you using this with ServUO Publish 54 ?

Absolutely. I'm using the exact same version number for user client and server side (datapath and OpenUOSDK). I recently updated an older package using an older version of ServUO (something like publish 51) to the new Publish 54, but I'm not aware of any adjustments that could impact this.

Tillerman.jpg

EDIT: I'm wondering if this could have something to do with the issues involving the 7.0.34+ client. Not aware of whether any of the required edits to fix that patch have been included in the latest publish.

Last edited:
Not to double post, but I figured this is relevant enough to bump the topic: just to confirm, I downloaded a fresh copy of ServUO (Publish 54), dropped in these updates.. using client 7.0.34.6 on my desktop as well as 7.0.34.6 on my remote host and am still seeing the error displayed above.

I use 7.0.21 and it works well aside from cliloc errors, still don't know how to dry dock though. I believe the harbor master dry docks for a fee just like an Animal Trainer takes fee for stable pet.

Dry dock appeared to work fine for me (dbl-click the tillerman as you would a normal boat). I'll be testing a copy of 7.0.29.2 later this evening to see if the clilocs sync up per chance. I'm assuming Regnak is using a different patch version for his personal client and server-side client files, because I just can't see how he is not having the same cliloc issue. I've wiped every instance of the UO client (both on my desktop and on my remote host), completed a fresh install (patched to 7.0.34.6) and still see the cliloc errors. In fact, it seems most of the boat components have incorrect names as well.

I've also tried running my personal client with UOSteam and that didn't make any difference (not that I really expected it to).

I'm leaning more toward this being script related than client related. The SmoothMultis are quirky as is, and TillermanHS has been converted to mobile instead of remaining as an item, which I believe is causing the discrepancy with the AddNameProperties. I believe he should have stuck with RunUO's version of smooth multi movement, as it works flawlessly.. but that's just personal opinion.

Hi !

Sorry to answer so late ...

I'm getting the cliloc errors too, but I'm trying to fix that now.
Also the serialization error with the new ropes ...

Hopefully I get it fixed today :)

-Rek-

Glad to know I'm not going nuts.

Another thing to consider is the 7.0.33.1 changes. I'm not entirely aware of what they are yet, but I'll be manually merging in those updates on my own end to see if there's been any adjustments to the core that could impact this system. I'm a bit surprised that ServUO doesn't already have these updates, but of course it seems as though they've been more focused on creating their own server than actually committing to the repo (shades of RunUO's previous development approach, which they've thankfully changed).

EDIT: I don't wish to derail the topic, but I figured I should lightly address the childish ratings being dropped on this post. Whether you agree with my sentiments or not, there hasn't a been a single commit to the repo since October (nearly four months ago) with many significant edits missing. Normally I wouldn't care as it's not my problem, but considering it's virtually impossible to get straight answers from anyone on the development team because their priorities are clearly elsewhere, then of course I'm apt to say something. Don't like it? Tough.

Last edited:
Erevan maybe most are just a might tired of your negativity which started on Orb and now continues here on ServUO. Some times if you don't have any thing nice to say, then maybe not saying anything would be best... clearly you have issues if things are not done "exactly how you expect" but then this would be your problem. You show no respect for any one which is really sad.

@Milva - I'm sorry, I wasn't aware honest feedback isn't permitted here. I appreciate the ambiguous speculation and character assassination (not that I truly care), but I'll remember not to offer constructive criticism to avoid glorified yes-men responses in the future. I apologize that I'm here for an open source product and not for forum-based bells and whistles and to work with a product that is playing second fiddle to the development team's new project. I, as well as others, have posted legitimate questions and concerns before that always seem to go unaddressed. Could you imagine if Mojang would suddenly stop providing support for their Minecraft development kit in favor of just their "official" servers? Wouldn't go well. Say what you will about me, but your opinion carries no merit as far as I'm concerned.

On-topic: I've managed to get a copy of 7.0.29.2 and will try various patch versions up to 7.0.33.1 to see if perhaps patching too far is a problem. I'll check back for any updates from you, Regnak.

I'm having a hard time fixing the Cliloc errors ... the TillerManHS should display right ...
Also adding to this I have other bugs to fix on my shard, that's giving me plenty of work :p

But yeah, you're not going nuts, I have that problem too (sorry I let you that long without confirming this ... as I said, rather busy these days lol)

Quick remark on Milva's comment : Erevan has actually helped me in this thread. So thank you Erevan ;) Moreover, I understand the kind of frustration it can be not seeing updates coming from ServUO commits. But I'm sure they're getting us something big ;) So, all I can say is wait and see. :)

@Erevan, keep your posts to the topic from now on, please. No more side rants, or "off topic" sub replies within your posts. It derails the intention of the thread. If you'd like to criticize, constructively or otherwise, the ServUO project - start a new thread to do so. Also, just as you're allowed to have your opinion on the project and its development, anyone else is allowed to their opinion that you're a whiny self-entitled annoyance, and can rate your posts as they see fit.

Lets keep all other posts on this thread related to the topic at hand so it doesn't have to be locked.

I'm sorry for the off-topic post but this just urks me. I've been out of the picture of ServUO for almost a year now due to real life issue and reading comments like these make me wonder if I should just stay away.

I'm a bit surprised that ServUO doesn't already have these updates, but of course it seems as though they've been more focused on creating their own server than actually committing to the repo
I know nothing about the server so forgive me if I'm wrong but Insanity mentioned long ago about getting a server up and running to help the development of ServUO. Having a running server with active players makes finding and fixing things much easier as well as testing new thing before they get added to the repo.

I apologize that I'm here for an open source product and not for forum-based bells and whistles
You are right. ServUO is open source. Try not to sound so greedy and feel free to push some changes to help the development instead of just doing your own merges.

@Erevan sorry, no hard feelings but this just got under my skin.

i am wondering about the serial error delete on restart does anyone else have this error or is it just me lolz i wouldnt be suprised....oops i see its in the new ropes.

Hey !

I have fixed the serialization error, but I was waiting for fixing the Clilocs to release a new version.
However, it's taking me more time than I thought. :p

Has anyone an idea ? I see Clilocs are limited to an array of 100.000 and the Galleons components Clilocs are above that ... But no way I can get this fixed. Lol

Still looking ;-)

I tried running this with a fresh copy of Publish 54 and I got these errors.

Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ServUO - [http://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 5134.2102
Publish 54
Core: Optimizing for 8 64-bit processors
RandomImpl: CSPRandom (Software)
OpenUO Error: Client files not found.
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Failed with: 6 errors, 1 warnings
Warnings:
 + Custom Systems/NewBoats/Mobiles/TillermanHS.cs:
    CS0105: Line 10: The using directive for 'Server.Multis' appeared previously
 in this namespace
Errors:
 + Custom Systems/NewBoats/BaseShip.cs:
    CS0246: Line 24: The type or namespace name 'BaseSmoothMulti' could not be f
ound (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 143: The type or namespace name 'SpeedCode' could not be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 + Custom Systems/NewBoats/BaseShipItem.cs:
    CS0246: Line 73: The type or namespace name 'IShareHue' could not be found (
are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 5: The type or namespace name 'IShareHue' could not be found (a
re you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 25: The type or namespace name 'BaseSmoothMulti' could not be f
    CS0246: Line 93: The type or namespace name 'BaseSmoothMulti' could not be f
 + Custom Systems/NewBoats/Boats/Hold.cs:
    CS0246: Line 6: The type or namespace name 'IFacingChange' could not be foun
d (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 + Custom Systems/NewBoats/Boats/Plank.cs:
 + Custom Systems/NewBoats/Boats/TillerMan.cs:
 + Custom Systems/NewBoats/Galleons/GalleonComponents.cs:
    CS0246: Line 235: The type or namespace name 'SpeedCode' could not be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

nice work on that rak. and i have one more thing for ya not super important but staff again can use the boat paint and players can not seem to. it might just be mine tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back