Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the fix ! Nice shot ! ;)

I'll try to collect all the fixes I have been reported and update the resource with a newer version.

I haven't had much time to work on the Galleons these days, but be sure to see a new version soon.

As for the XML Attachments to the boats, I was sure I had done it with the proper "life" values for the boats. I guess it got lost in the updates and I mixed some files.

I will also try to fix the targetting with the cannons. It should fire straight forward, and somehow look for the MainMast in an area of 10-20 square. It lookgs promising to code :D

Regnak updated New Boats and Galleons with a new update entry:

Improving Boat Fight and fix the hidden chars appearing when sailing

Hello !

Here's the patch note for the New Boats :
v1.17 (2014-07-11)
- fix the packets sent to mobiles so that an invis GM doesn't appear to normal players
- fix Galleons so they actually sink
- change the way to fire with cannons : instantly fire (with a reload delay)
- added a mobile "BoatGunshmith" with cannonballs and cannons for the ships
- added all boats to the new Shipwright

Thanks everyone for your help on this project :)

-Regnak-

Read the rest of this update entry...

While working with these boats, I noticed a few other possible issues. After placing a ship cannon and moving around over a long distance and making multiple turns I tried firing the cannon and continued receiving a "no firing angle" message. It seems like the ship cannon did not update properly at some point during the movement. After packing up the cannon and replacing it fired fine. I also noticed that if a cannonball is loaded and two players select the cannon to fire a shot, both players can fire the cannon, meaning 1 cannonball fired more than 1 shot from the cannon.

Downloaded and installed on new server. I am using the latest client version. Here is my small issues. The tiller man is positioned directly on the ships wheel no matter what direction I turn. I have to teleport onto the ship deck. There are also some graphic glitches when turning nothing major just mentioning it they usually sort themselves out a few seconds after the turn. I should also mention that I have only tested the Brit Galleon at this time.

@midnight8681 Hi there ! Could you post screenshots of your issues ? Thx !

Btw, I'm working on the new Security Settings. That will be a big update !
Gumps are nearly okay ... I'm figuring out how to deal with the individual settings, as I don't really want to add a context menu in PlayerMobile.cs ... I'm thinking about doing it all in the boats (from the Gumps and BaseShip.cs).
Any idea how to do it clean ?

For the Boat Fight issues, I'll be sure to check what is wrong when updating the cannons'positions. Thanks for posting the issue.
I'll also look at preventing two players from using the cannons at the same time. It's not supposed to be like that :p

Thanks everyone for your ideas and testing !

-Rek-

Regnak updated New Boats and Galleons with a new update entry:

Introducing Security Settings

Hello guys !

Here's another step on the New Boats : Security Settings.

A bit more explanation on this one as it isn't exactly OSI style ... shame on me, or not ! ;)

I've made it different mainly because I didn't want to mess with too many core or distro files (mainly for PlayerMobile.cs).

Okay so here is how it works.
First, open the context menu of the Tillerman (only Galleons for now) and choose Security Settings.
A Gump will open.
There you have many options that mostly work like OSI...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can you no longer control ships while mounted? I'm not against this, but if this is the case can you add a message to notify players that they must dismount first before being able to control it? Something like "You must dismount before you can do that!"

I'd also like to ask, how do you grant someone else access? The only way I can figure to give them access is to pull them onboard with an admin before the ship will recognize someone else on the crew manifest to even allow them new access. If I don't do that, the ship wont even let anyone besides the owner onboard via the mooring lines. Am I missing something? :-/

Last edited:
Thanks Macil for your tests !

I'll check about being mounted. I don't remember I changed anything about that.

To give access to a new player, it should work by setting public access to passenger, then change individually to a higher rank (in the access list menu).
Indeed, it might be less convenient to have someone on board first to be able to give him access... LOL
But thanks for pointing this out. Hopefully the way above works ;)

Hello. First thanks for a great work :) I will ask about warning which I received on ServUO console
Here is it:
+ Custom Systems/NewBoats/BoatPaint/PaintCan.cs:
CS0168: Line 134: The variable `p3d' is declared but never used
I use newest ver of ServUO and client 7.0.35.1 with mono
Regards :)

Warnings won't affect anything on your server (that has ever been documented). You can either comment out the p3d declaration or just leave it as is.

If you were to run the code through a cleaner/optimizer like ReSharper it would probably remove the line.

Not sure if this was asked before but was wondering if anyone has made a script for osi like merchant ships & orc pirate ships from this galleons script?
I quess it would alot like if not the same as the pirate script off runuo but where the npcs & orcs ride in galleons around the sea
& has Containers kept on the deck with ingots/boards/leather & Liquor Smuggler's Cache(crate full of rum & 1 custom jug/bottle)

Be nice for pvm'ers to use the boat fights on these to attack the other ship & board it to take the crates or sink it to grab the crates before they sink(decay)
not sure how hard it be to script npcs to fire cannons but sounds fun, even them tossing greater conflag/explosion summoning Ev's on our ships be cool too

(sorry again if this was posted before, Thanks)

*heres some info on the uoguide site
http://www.uoguide.com/Merchant_Ship
http://www.uoguide.com/Pirate_Ship
http://www.uoguide.com/Liquor_Smuggler's_Cache

*heres the old pirate script where the npcs ride around water in a old boat using archery & magery to teleport onto players ships
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/pirates-their-back-enjoy-runuo-2-0-callador2ks-ml-svn.100407/

Love this addon! Just have one problem when I exit a boat and leave the area my client crashes. Any ideas as to why?

think im using the latest files, just notice while playing around with the galleons that if you restart with another char on the boat when you log in ur see your a naked char just standing there where your other char was standing before restart, intill you log in with that char then it becomes that player

I was still having the GM and other hidden characters on the boat show up as this naked blank mobile as well.... along with the cannons being able to fire multiple shots when only loading one cannonball if multiple characters pull up the target to fire while the cannon was loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back