New Boats and Galleons 1.18

No permission to download

psychoman78

Sep 7, 2015
Shard Name
Dragon's Legacy UO
Donate
Donate money to this user
np and ya i know bout the captain/owner thing i checked all that.... i am using the latest version of the UO Client 2d client and everything other then accessing the hold after someone has moved north or what ever direction.... had a few people test it and still same issue...

Regnak

Apr 1, 2013
Belgium
@psychoman78, thanks for the details you gave me to help me fix this issue !
There's indeed an issue with the CurrentMoveTimer. I will analyse this before next update. In the meanwhile, you can fix this issue by changing this bit of code in GalleonComponents.cs, in the class GalleonHold and in the function OnDoubleClick :

Code:
  else if (Galleon.IsMoving)
  {
  if (Galleon.TillerMan != null)
  Galleon.TillerMan.TillerManSay(502491); // I can not open the hold while the ship is moving.
  }
IsMovingShip is to be changed into IsMoving (line 303).

Reactions: Kilra Yan

Denjiki

Feb 6, 2014
Le Roy, Michigan
Shard Name
Apocalypse
So i'm trying to update from an older version of this to the newest one and I see the new version of this doesn't have the core edits. I take it that there's going to be problems since I have all those old core edits? I see the Packets.cs edits got moved into SmoothMultiPackets.cs which caused duplicate methods (and I removed the old packets.cs edits to fix that error), however I'm getting compile error stemming from BaseSmoothMulti.cs line 886 regarding 'BaseShipItem' not being found even though the BaseShip and BaseShipItem.cs files are clearly present in my scripts folder and aren't corrupt.

Kilra Yan

Aug 26, 2015
So i'm trying to update from an older version of this to the newest one and I see the new version of this doesn't have the core edits. I take it that there's going to be problems since I have all those old core edits? I see the Packets.cs edits got moved into SmoothMultiPackets.cs which caused duplicate methods (and I removed the old packets.cs edits to fix that error), however I'm getting compile error stemming from BaseSmoothMulti.cs line 886 regarding 'BaseShipItem' not being found even though the BaseShip and BaseShipItem.cs files are clearly present in my scripts folder and aren't corrupt.
Denjiki, I confirm the system works with the lastest ServUO release without any core edit, just overwrite core scripts with original ServUO core scripts, the add the system. Everything should work smoothly.

Regnak

Apr 1, 2013
Belgium
Hey guys !

Thanks for following the updates on this project. I've nearly got version 2.03 ready. It's planned for this month. ;)

I've also faced the same issue on a live shard. There are some core edits from version 1.xx that you have to keep if you upgrade to version 2.xx.
The variable m_Transport still has to be serialized, even if it's not used anymore. Or else it will delete all your former ships.

Sorry for not making it retro compatible ! With all the core edits that were removed in version 2.00, it was nearly unavoidable.
However it's much more easier now for the ones who want to test this package.
Basically it's just a drag & drop system (except the two or three spells like Recall that still have to be overwritten).

If you need more assistance for upgrading from version 1 to version 2, I would be glad to help :)

Good luck !

-Rek-

Denjiki

Feb 6, 2014
Le Roy, Michigan
Shard Name
Apocalypse
Confirmed I can get this to compile on a fresh ServUO, was an easy drag and drop. However, on my live server where I'm trying to upgrade from the old version I'm getting the error "The type or namespace name 'BaseShipItem' could not be found" BaseSmoothMulti.cs line 886. I also have to have SmoothMultiPackets.cs in Server\Network or else I get additional errors.

I'm hoping removal of the core edits will solve the issue but I'm unsure. Can I just remove all core edits that aren't being serialized? Actually, I can probably deal with deletion of my former ships without too much fuss, so I may not even need to worry about that. In that case can I just remove all previous core edits?

Update: So I tried removing all core edits including serialization (changed the versions and cases accordingly) and got it to compile, but then got serialization errors for all mobiles so I'm thinking I'll try it again but without messing with the serialization vars.

Last edited:

Shazzy

Mar 6, 2015
Wisconsin
shazzysuoshard.proboards.com
Shard Name
Shazzy's Shard
Hey guys !

Thanks for following the updates on this project. I've nearly got version 2.03 ready. It's planned for this month. ;)

I've also faced the same issue on a live shard. There are some core edits from version 1.xx that you have to keep if you upgrade to version 2.xx.
The variable m_Transport still has to be serialized, even if it's not used anymore. Or else it will delete all your former ships.

Sorry for not making it retro compatible ! With all the core edits that were removed in version 2.00, it was nearly unavoidable.
However it's much more easier now for the ones who want to test this package.
Basically it's just a drag & drop system (except the two or three spells like Recall that still have to be overwritten).

If you need more assistance for upgrading from version 1 to version 2, I would be glad to help :)

Good luck !

-Rek-
I put this into a fresh latest ServUO svn off the git hub and I find one issue I did not have with my NON-ServUO server.
While fishing, should you have a creature be fished up and you kill it, the boat movement stops.
You have to wait for the corpse to decay to start moving again and I have tired everything,
I thought a LONG time ago there was a packet for corpse or blood that caused boats to freeze, but that was before I lost my mind.
I will get on a distro boat and see if the same thing happens and post here to let you know..

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for the assistance and any help resolving this :]

Shazzy

Shazzy

Mar 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Shard Name
Shazzy's Shard
Had to delete all tokuno galleons, only had one since I ma the only one testing them. It was the one in use and not the others that are just parked at the dock.
Attached is the error report. I am using Regnaks release. It looks to have something to do in deserializing at least thats where the errors point to.(But honestly I am clueless.)
Thanks!

Shazzy :]

Attachments

Regnak

Apr 1, 2013
Belgium
Thanks for the feedback! It helps!
So the deserialization error is on the Galleons.
I'll check ;-)

I'm getting closer to next release !
I couldn't do as much as I expected, but things are getting done thanks to the help of some dedicated testers ;-)

Let's plan version 2.03 for end January ...

Norman Lancaster

Dec 22, 2015
Thank you so much for your contributions Regnak! I see this being integrated into master once we get SA under control.

Reactions: Regnak

Shazzy

Mar 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Shard Name
Shazzy's Shard
Thanks for the feedback! It helps!
So the deserialization error is on the Galleons.
I'll check ;-)

I'm getting closer to next release !
I couldn't do as much as I expected, but things are getting done thanks to the help of some dedicated testers ;-)

Let's plan version 2.03 for end January ...
Wonderful! :)

Shazzy

Mar 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Shard Name
Shazzy's Shard
@psychoman78, thanks for the details you gave me to help me fix this issue !
There's indeed an issue with the CurrentMoveTimer. I will analyse this before next update. In the meanwhile, you can fix this issue by changing this bit of code in GalleonComponents.cs, in the class GalleonHold and in the function OnDoubleClick :

Code:
  else if (Galleon.IsMoving)
  {
  if (Galleon.TillerMan != null)
  Galleon.TillerMan.TillerManSay(502491); // I can not open the hold while the ship is moving.
  }
IsMovingShip is to be changed into IsMoving (line 303).
I have version 2.02 in and on restarting the server got this message:
Code:
ServUO - [http://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 5859.2325
Publish 54
Core: Optimizing for 4 64-bit processors
RandomImpl: CSPRandom (Software)
Core: Loading config...
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Finished with: 0 errors, 0 warnings
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Verifying...
Finished (5623 items, 1335 mobiles, 5 customs) (2.59 seconds)
Config: Warning, using default value for DataPath.CustomPath
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Multis.OrcGalleon
- Serial: 0x40003C21
Delete the object? (y/n)
Delete all objects of that type? (y/n)
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate.

y
Error:
System.Exception: Load failed (items=True, mobiles=False, guilds=False, data=Fal
se, type=Server.Multis.OrcGalleon, serial=0x40003C21) ---> System.NullReferenceE
xception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at Server.Items.DynamicComponentList.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
  at Server.Items.BaseSmoothMulti.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
  at Server.Multis.BaseShip.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
  at Server.Multis.BaseGalleon.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
  at Server.Multis.OrcGalleon.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
  at Server.World.Load() in d:\1) Server 12-13-2015\Server\World.cs:line 639
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Server.World.Load() in d:\1) Server 12-13-2015\Server\World.cs:line 328
  at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in d:\1) Server 12-13-2015\Server\Main.cs:
line 544
This exception is fatal, press return to exit
I did add the above to open the hold. That was the only change to the script.

Last edited:

Shazzy

Mar 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Shard Name
Shazzy's Shard
Just a Question: If you die on your galleon, should you be able to still get it to shore and use the mooring line to disembark?
Tillerman and mooring do not respond when dead, and maybe they shouldn't, but then you are lost at sea o_O

Norman Lancaster

Dec 22, 2015
I don't know how it works on OSI now (I can check once I get home, I think my OSI account has High Seas), but back in the day if you were dead on a boat you would be sent to the nearest shore. This would sometimes strand you on an island with no healer. This was back pre-UO:R when I knew anything about boats though, so I would expect there is something better these days.

tass23

Aug 28, 2013
St. Petersburg, FL
www.uoexpanse.com
Shard Name
The Expanse
Donate
Donate money to this user
I don't know how it works on OSI now (I can check once I get home, I think my OSI account has High Seas), but back in the day if you were dead on a boat you would be sent to the nearest shore. This would sometimes strand you on an island with no healer. This was back pre-UO:R when I knew anything about boats though, so I would expect there is something better these days.
Prior to SA/HS, if you died on your boat, you were dead at sea and had to hope you had a copy of your key in your house another character could access. God forbid if you lost your corpse (from macroing). I don't know what OSI servers are doing now, but I actually liked the idea of dying on your boat (from a player standpoint it sucks though).

Kilra Yan

Aug 26, 2015
Once on boat (with this system) I noticed you cant be attacked apart from magic & spells, is it normal? For istance a kraken cant reach you. Should them be expected to damage the ship?

m309

Admin
ServUO Developer
Mar 3, 2013
It would make sense that normal melee attacks from other players couldn't reach you. A kraken is pushing it though, considering the long tentacles. Can you be hit with non-magic projectiles like arrows or bolts?

Kilra Yan

Aug 26, 2015
It would make sense that normal melee attacks from other players couldn't reach you. A kraken is pushing it though, considering the long tentacles. Can you be hit with non-magic projectiles like arrows or bolts?
Yes, it works as far as you are hit with long range weaps or spells (tested using pirate ships captain).
But I noticed krakens & sea serpents are unable to reach you with melee. I will double test to confirm.

m309

Admin
ServUO Developer
Mar 3, 2013
That could very well be OSI accurate, I have no idea. It definitely confirms my prior personal philosophy that OSI accuracy is for the birds though if it is. :cool: