Hello. I am looking for staff members to help me develop a server that I am currently in the process of developing on my own. I have accomplished quite a bit on my own, but I could definitely use some help. My biggest focus right now is on coding development. I'm not necessarily looking for the most active staff members; just people that can reliably communicate, and that can help me get stuff done. Here is my list of preferred qualifications:

Preferred Qualifications:
-Experienced and/or good at coding (C#, ServUO, RunUO)
-Effective communication skills
-Works well within a team
-Professional and mature

Staff members will be compensated for their efforts in the form of virtual rewards (in-game items). I firmly believe that it is not fair to the staff member for them to spend all of the time that they spend working for the server, without any reward, only to then have to spend even more time in game farming just to experience the game that they are helping to create. As such, I will reward in-game items for services provided to the server. That said, item spawning/editing will be a heavily regulated process, and staff members will generally not be allowed to spawn in or edit equipment and/or usable items on the live server.

If you are interested, send me a private message and we will discuss more in further detail. You can tell me a bit about yourself in the private message, or just save it for when we speak in person (or with speech anyhow). I look forward to working with you.

Thank you.

Always interested in playing new servers and curious, what is yours going to entail for players? Also, posting which era the server is going to be in is a big deal breaker for programmers in my opinion and if you post what era it might help clear things up right off the bat?

Always interested in playing new servers and curious, what is yours going to entail for players? Also, posting which era the server is going to be in is a big deal breaker for programmers in my opinion and if you post what era it might help clear things up right off the bat?
I was going to say, but I cut it out for the sake of brevity. I was going to discuss the server details in the private message and/or in person, but I suppose I should give a little bit of an overview here. It's a little complicated to explain. The server will take place during the Stygian Abyss era, but it will have a lot of custom changes to current content, as well as new content. I intend to make items, dungeons, templates, and playstyles that were fun and viable pre-sa balanced, fun and viable again (such as Doom and Doom Artys; while also creating some new content (spells, pets, etc.). Conceptually, I'm attempting to take a more fun and balanced version of Stygian Abyss, and take it in a different direction from where OSI took it.

SA came out about 8 years ago, and since then OSI has made bad decision after bad decision and disenfranchised much of their remaining player base. Right now, the two biggest servers are UOF and Demise. UOF fills the pre-aos niche, and Demise fills the post aos niche quite well; but both server are heavily limited in their content as they are limited to the eras for which they were made, and neither are really accurate to OSI mechanics (e.g. demise casting). Given the current state of UO (especially OSI), I think the time is right to make a post-SA server with OSI accurate mechanics, but with better decisions for fun, balance, and content. There are a ton of players that are looking for a server with OSI accurate mechanics (unlike demise), with fun and balanced gameplay (unlike OSI), but also one that isn't severely limited with content and diversity (like UOF). As such, I think we have the opportunity here to make the premiere post-SA server; and that is my intention with this server. I know what needs to be done, I just need the right people to help me do it.

Back