Lokai

I am thinking about reworking part of my Skills system:

http://www.servuo.com/threads/lokai-skills-tree-harvesting-building-construction.2196/

I want to basically replace the non-implemented skills "Detect Evil", "Prey Tracking", and maybe "Cure Disease" with other more useful or interesting skills. So, I guess I am fishing for suggestions of what you think would be fun or interesting to see implemented.

Here is the basic premise: I like to answer the question - "Why is everyone in Britannia born with the ability to ..." (fill in the blank.) Alternately, it could be an expansion of a skill, or an alternate skill that nobody has tried before, like my 'Ventriloquism' skill.

Here are some options I am considering:

Gardening or Landscaping
Split up Musicianship into Lute, Harp and Drums (or: String, Woodwind, Percussion)
Pyrotechnics and/or Firemaking

Last edited:
I really like the idea of Firemaking! If the fire could also last for a while and maybe even cook with it, this would be really different :) you could then gather some logs, go sit in the woods or near a lake and make a fire.

what about spellweaving, why don't we use that anymore? As long as I have been playing, that system has never been used.

Naval -- for piloting a ship. ( or we could go with Exploration )
Horseback -- more proficient you are at riding a horse, you could get a bonus on attack, damage, or defense. ( or call it Riding )
Athletics -- your stamina gets used slower the higher your athletics skill is. And that could help in fighting, maybe not casting a spell.

Thanks for the input.

@xGOOBERx, I am intrigued by the idea of Martial Arts. Sounds like a cross between Wrestling and Ninjitsu.

@john burns, Sailing and Riding are already in my system. Athletics is something I have considered. I was going to call it Agility. Spellweaving is already implemented in Mondain's Legacy and through other 3rd party scripts.

@Milva, even though camping seems just like Firemaking, I am still interested in that too.

I would like to see some physical skills..

Climbing? - Used to reach some "rock climping holds" (pre-placed system items) along montains.
Swimming?

When you say pyrotechnics, do you mean usage of gunpowder to create and use fireworks/cannons/firearms? Because that would be very cool :D

When you say pyrotechnics, do you mean usage of gunpowder to create and use fireworks/cannons/firearms? Because that would be very cool :D

Yes, I mean combining elements and components to create anything that explodes. Might combine it with my Herblore, which will be able create things like Naphtha or Black Powder.

Taxidermy (for animals etc)
Robotics (or whatever word fits best, not so good, but meh xD (golems, exodus creatures, etc...))
Gambling (always good to have someone who has luck ;D)
Makeup (beauty stuff*: disguise kits, corrupt body for fake forensics, being able to create skin/hair taints)

Athletics is a good skill too, as john burns said.

Last edited:
Preparing leather! make a use of stretched hide deco items. Prepared leather has higher durability etc...
Farrier(craft & replace horseshoes) with mounted loyalty. remember when unhappy mounts would buck you off probably with a Pker in pursuit :p

Taxidermy (for animals etc)
Robotics (or whatever word fits best, not so good, but meh xD (golems, exodus creatures, etc...))
Gambling (always good to have someone who has luck ;D)
Makeup (beauty stuff*: disguise kits, corrupt body for fake forensics, being able to create skin/hair taints)

Athletics is a good skill too, as john burns said.

Robotics in UO could be called Enchantments.
After reading your post, I remembered something like this in the Dragon Magazine.

Back