Dan(Tasanar)

Want to run a current EA like clone. What are the best built in commands to run to spawn my world. I checked out the FAQ section but it seemed a little out dated. Like to spawn the new Despise system ect.

Thanks for any help!

I have looked and Did not find anything, so I hope to create here a compendium of how to get a base install of ServUO spawned, decorated and ready to play. I know for the experienced players this can be an easy task, but for people new to this, or returning after some time it can be difficult to remember how to do it properly.

Please any one that can help me to fill this out and complete it!

Step one:

Type [createworld and click ok.
This will put doors and teleporters in the world for you.

Step Two: XmlSpawner

type [xmlload Spawns
this should spawn the world for you (I am currently having issues with this such as all the spawns not properly spawning unless you spawn per folder so Instead of just [xmlload Spawns add Spawns/region (I.E. [xmlload Spawns/Termur)

More to come as soon as I figure it out, at which point I will really clean up this initial post to only contain pertinent info.

That should work.

Want to run a current EA like clone. What are the best built in commands to run to spawn my world. I checked out the FAQ section but it seemed a little out dated. Like to spawn the new Despise system ect.

Thanks for any help!
You may want to give this spawn file a try: https://www.servuo.com/archive/osi-spawn-mostly-accurate-xml.118/

It's what most people here use for a close-ish OSI world spawn replication. Download the zip file, extract the xml file from it and place it in your ServUO\Spawns folder (make a note of the filename, I think it's called AccurateSpawn.xml) and when you're in game type

[xmlload Filenamehere.xml

It may also be [xmlload Spawns\Filename.xml, I always forget until I run the command myself. A safe bet is to just type the full filename path, like [xmlload C:\ServUO\Spawns\Filenamehere.xml

Also, if you've already loaded the default spawn file using Felladrin's instructions above (the [xmlload Spawns command), you may have to run a
[xmlunload Spawns

just because if you load the AccurateSpawn.xml after you already have the default spawns you will have a ton of duplicates which you don't want. The only thing is the AccurateSpawn.xml file doesn't have the new Despise spawns accurate like the default ServUO spawnfile, AccurateSpawn.xml will spawn Despise as if it were the old one. I would suggest using XMLSpawner to just save the despise spawns from the default spawnfile and export it into it's own .xml file so that you can load those spawns after you load AccurateSpawn.xml, but given that you don't have much experience with xmlspawner it's up to you whether or not you want to try doing that. If you do, keep reading.

With the default ServUO spawnfile loaded, you can do a [xmlfind command and it will bring up a search where you can search specifically for the spawns in Despise region. It'll bring up a list of them where you can then select them and choose to export them into any filename you choose, such as MyDespiseSpawns.xml. That file will then contain those spawns. You can unload the default spawnfile with xmlunload, load the accurate spawn, goto Despise and delete any of the current spawns there and then do an [xmlload MyDespiseSpawns.xml and the spawns you saved to that file will load (hopefully the correct new Despise spawns).

The spawn files that come with ServUO are more up to date than those ones and include spawns for a few systems to work correctly. (Ter mur peerless mini champs come to mind)

use servuo xml files. type [xmlload spawns/
and everything should go on its own.
I suggest you not to mix neruns ones as far as you have some automatics tools to filter outdated/duped spawns.

Now I also know how to edit these but most of the ServUO base spawns still run on a min of 5 minutes and a max of 10. For dungeons do you really see this as practical? I am really just interested on the thought process.

ServUO requires some effort to set up. Yes, in a way it is a shard in a box but it still requires a lot of effort from the user to get a shard working.

ServUO is also an open source project, you can submit edits to any file we distribute. It would take a lot of development time to make the spawn timers accurate to OSI, it is a perfect project for someone in the community though who is not able to work in c#.

Not accurate just practical but okay thank you sir. Coming from RunUO to JustUO then Serv I just wanted to make sure, before I had to edit stuff, that there was not a better way.

I guess I really just want to know, with your project, after I do the [createworld, EDIT the XML files and do the [xmlload spawns plus the [despiseload (or w.e it is) are there any other commands I should run to get the most out of this package right out of the gate

I also know I can use commands to global change the XML start and respawn times. I just want to make sure I do this before spawning other features this project offers, but that still use XML spawners. (like the new despise spawns)

I can say that the 5-10 minute spawn times are fine for low to medium population shards. It encourages players to actually explore the environment and play a variety of content rather than just sitting in one spot all day long. With that kind of spawn rate you can't just stand in the Elder Gazer cells, but you can romp around the Blood Dungeon and never run out of BE's and Balrons to kill.

On a high population server though (like 200+ online at once actively playing, not just macroing) you'd want to do a global update to increase spawn rates.

There are some key spawns that need some manual adjusting though, like the sheep pens in Yew. Those are supposed to respawn quickly for wool harvesting. On OSI they use a dynamic respawner that tries to keep the number of sheep at a certain number. If you kill too many they start respawning instantly.

I can say that the 5-10 minute spawn times are fine for low to medium population shards. It encourages players to actually explore the environment and play a variety of content rather than just sitting in one spot all day long. With that kind of spawn rate you can't just stand in the Elder Gazer cells, but you can romp around the Blood Dungeon and never run out of BE's and Balrons to kill.

On a high population server though (like 200+ online at once actively playing, not just macroing) you'd want to do a global update to increase spawn rates.

There are some key spawns that need some manual adjusting though, like the sheep pens in Yew. Those are supposed to respawn quickly for wool harvesting. On OSI they use a dynamic respawner that tries to keep the number of sheep at a certain number. If you kill too many they start respawning instantly.

Using a program like clipper (harbor x64) could be possible to set mintime e maxtime according to some stats which could vary the spawn between 5-10-15 mins ... 5-10 mins is a std but for a rpg shard I would make 10-20, more offset between preventing amap the "predictable" factor especially during farming.

there may be still some raw data that need a clean in servuo like spawns in deco files....

try also using commands in splitted way like

[decorate
[xmlload

etc...

[createworld does all the decoration and everything for you.

We are still cleaning up some of the duplicate quest givers (and setting spawns for missing ones). If you find anything like that please report them in the bug report forum. It will automatically open an issue on our GitHub tracker and we'll get it resolved.

Evan the Beggar is still being spawned in the quest config. I forgot to make an issue about it. And... done.

You can check this on the TC if you'd like. He's just south of the "Trammel / Britian / Center" staff runebook location.

Back