1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New update to repo

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dexter_Lexia, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Dexter_Lexia

Moderator ServUO Developer

• Implemented proper mechanics for attackable items as per EA. Mobile Combatant property was changed from Mobile to IDamageable. Several Server/Scripts Distro edits were necesarry, as well as updates to AI. Damageable items now pass a new item flag to the client, enabeling health bar pulling.
    • Casting monsters no longer stop to cast
    Changing Combatant in Mobile.cs was inevitable for EA like behavior for attacking items. Please let us know if there are any issues. I'll be looking at a pending pull request regarding Clean Up Britannia System. Also, will need some rigorous testing of the new exodus dungeon content.

If you have the latest repo running, due to the band aid fix for the previous attackable items, they will need to be deleted on startup. You can go to the invasion controller (InvasionController) located at the beginning section of the invasion in blackthorn dugneon, and select ForceRespawn to true.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. sahisahi

sahisahi Member

Good job!

3. Po0ka

Po0ka Active Member

Is this bool-configurable?

4. Dexter_Lexia

Yes, it's overridable in basecreature.

• Like Like x 2
  5. psychoman78

psychoman78 Member

@Dexter_Lexia is there a simple way to revert the IDamageable back to Mobile?? and just out of curiosity why did you go from Mobile to Idamageable.... the Mobile system worked pritty good and now with the new IDamageable it's broken alot of things when people update there codes.... Just wondering on both :)

Yes i understand it is the way OSI went i seen that but just wondering why you would go and change it when the system that was in place worked and from what i can see really could have stayed the way it was

6. Tasanar

What things no longer work as intended? This was really needed for the destructible light houses to work correctly in regards to packets.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  7. psychoman78

psychoman78 Member

Ohh okay so it was a requirement for the new ToL expac didn't know that couldn't see where it was actually doing anything but making it harder for the older codes that we have to be added into the code without 1000 changes LOL well now i understand thanx @Tasanar for the clerification

Guess i will have to get used to a new part in the system is all LOL

8. Tasanar

Yes it allows items to have health bars and be destroyed now. Pretty unique functions can be done now. I have been tinkering with it a little.

Look at the lighthouses (Beacon) in the Blackthorn Dungeon system.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Dexter_Lexia

Thanks @Tasanar. Yea, and there are some TOL things that will require damageable items, so at least we've set the groundwork in motion. Not to mention that this system will be awesom with custom content and even role playing. It should also work with the XML spawner stuff (damageable walls).

I understand some might have some compiling errors with custom content, so I'm always willing to help.

10. psychoman78

psychoman78 Member

Well the only Problem i ran into as far as right now is with the Vita-Nex Core 3.0.0.1 i made a bandaid patch for it but i know it will not last and with not knowing this new function as of yet i wasnt able to do a proper fix :-( i know it's not a needed system but i have found it very very usfull as i am able to add in a module to allow me to make new gumps in game without having to patch clients and i am trying to add in what i can do avoid patching clients after i do go live, My plan is to do any and all client changes prior to me going live and then after that anything else will be done live in game where i am not needing to patch clients at all