Any updates on this reported issue? I have yet to see it happen.

My last test with all steps:

* Download ServUO.zip from ServUO repo
* Compile
* Create owner account and login.
* Add npc Banker
* Bank and drop 1k -> Balance -> "Thy current bank balance is 0 platinum and 1.000 gold"
* Restart -> Balance -> "Thy current bank balance is 0 platinum and 1.000 gold"
* [add gold set amount 60000
* Bank and drop 60k -> Balance ->"Thy current bank balance is 0 platinum and 61.000 gold"
* Restart -> Balance -> "Thy current bank balance is 0 platinum and 610.000 gold"
* Restart -> Balance -> "Thy current bank balance is 61 platinum and 0 gold"
* Restart -> Balance -> "Thy current bank balance is 61 platinum and 0 gold"

I just tested your theory step by step as you described, I expected to see 610,000 gold, but after each restart it still remains at 61,000 gold.

I'm not sure which version of the repository that the zip file has in it, but the latest revision doesn't have this issue.

Thanks for reporting!

In Account.cs, can you check that these lines match up?

C#:
xml.WriteStartElement("totalCurrency");
xml.WriteString(XmlConvert.ToString(TotalCurrency));
xml.WriteEndElement();
C#:
TotalCurrency = Double.Parse(Utility.GetText(node["totalCurrency"], "0.0"));

Your locale's representation of a floating point number string may be different to mine, this is my theory based on the fact that your console outputs in a different language.

In your native language, what character represents a decimal place?
12,34 (with a comma)?
For the en-US and en-GB locales, it is typically 12.34

It would make sense that if a comma represents a decimal place and a period (dot) represents a thousands separator, then after each restart, the value is incremented exponentially (during load) because of the misinterpretation of the thousands separator in your locale. Double.Parse is locale dependent.

You can find out by looking at your Accounts.xml after a save, 61k gold for me is represented by this value;
XML:
<totalCurrency>6.1E-05</totalCurrency>

At any rate, I have updated the project to count for locale, please test again and let me know if your issue is resolved!

Your locale's representation of a floating point number string may be different to mine, this is my theory based on the fact that your console outputs in a different language.

In your native language, what character represents a decimal place?
12,34 (with a comma)?
For the en-US and en-GB locales, it is typically 12.34

It would make sense that if a comma represents a decimal place and a period (dot) represents a thousands separator, then after each restart, the value is incremented exponentially (during load) because of the misinterpretation of the thousands separator in your locale. Double.Parse is locale dependent.

You can find out by looking at your Accounts.xml after a save, 61k gold for me is represented by this value;
XML:
<totalCurrency>6.1E-05</totalCurrency>

At any rate, I have updated the project to count for locale, please test again and let me know if your issue is resolved!

Ok now... it runs!

Someday all people use the same Decimal Separator -.-U

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark#/media/File:DecimalSeparator.svg

Maybe it's a good option that all ServUO's code count for locale config to solve other future "bugs" ?

Haven't had a chance to patch, but I will take a look when I can

http://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-90/

New Armor Sets
  • Aloron’s Armor – Named for the great chief of the Kurak Tribe, Aloron’s Armor consists of four pieces made from the pelts of a tiger and when fully equipped provides the wearer with,
    • Mana Increase 15
    • Lower Mana Cost 20%
    • Dinosaur Slayer
    • Self Repair 3
    • Cold Eater 8%
    • Dexterity Bonus 12
    • Stamina Increase 16
    • Stamina Regeneration 12
    • Physical Resist 60%
    • Fire Resist 60%
    • Cold Resist 60%
    • Poison Resist 60%
    • Energy Resist 60%

the main issue is new packets, newer clients use different packets and without updating those no one could use the newest clients to play without breaking certain parts of the gameplay like trading between players.

that and there's probably about a handful of people on here that know how to update them, and less than a handful that would share their work publicly

Just out of curiosity, why so much effort in an unreleased expansion when the last expansion and booster isn't complete?

What Zerodowned says is true, things break across expansions and need to be fixed.

Personally I would love to get things done in a chronological order but sometimes this is just not possible. Plus some things are easier to implement than others :)

Yes, packet changes are a must. One of the first things I noticed on running a free server is that keeping the newest client up to date on your server is utmost priority. FYI, I have some SA goodies I'm trying to get working with ServUO repo. When I wrote most of the SA stuff for my free shard, I did the AOS.cs properties a bit differently, so I'm currently adapting certain things to meet ServUO's compatibility. Thanks for the replies!

Is there any command to see all the gold on a players account for staff? So like if a player pages with an issue we can atleast see their balance? Just wondering! :)

There was edits made to allow Administrators to access the Account property of Mobile via the [Props gump, but it doesn't seem to like Interfaces very much.

I would recommend for now, adding two new properties to PlayerMobile;
C#:
[CommandProperty(AccessLevel.Counselor)]
public int AccountPlat { get { return Account.TotalPlat; } }

[CommandProperty(AccessLevel.Counselor)]
public int AccountGold { get { return Account.TotalGold; } }

hmm I am guess you could do it to see bank balance as a whole?

The balance gump you commented on that I made on JustUO just takes into account the entire balance so if I had 2 platinum and 100mil it would still show as 2,100,000,000 on my gump no need to convert. I know it is easy math and a player with 1 billion on my shard will never happen...lol just a thought :)

I will also post this here.

My server uses justuo so not sure if this bug will apply here with the new gold system but it may!

Ok found another "bug"

Player A has 5k they want to trade to player B because they are over weight. Instead of using the "Trade" option on the paperdoll they just drag the 5k and drop it on the head of player B(the old way) what it does it auto deposits it into player A's then opens the trade windows. Basically it kills needing a bag of sending. A player can just run another account to run and "drop" gold onto to get it auto deposited into their account.

Not a major bug but pretty sure not how the new system works on EA

It would be that way currently even if you used the Trade context menu entry, dragging currency of any kind into the trade window will automatically deposit it into your bank account to make it available for the trade.

The feature can be removed by editing Gold.OnAdded, removing the SecureTradeContainer-specific code.

I will add a new option to enable/disable this sub-feature soon.

I have no idea if it is OSI accurate, it probably isn't, which is why I conceded with adding the extra options to enable/disable it :)

As soon as someone confirms the OSI accuracy, I can set the default state of the new options based on that.
If it is OSI accurate, the options will be enabled by default, but I will implement it as disabled by default due to the assumptions made.

Committed new update regarding this issue;

+ Added options to enable/disable AccountGold currency conversion sub-features.
* ConvertOnBank (default true) and ConvertOnTrade (default false)
* Options can be changed easily by editing CurrentExpansion.cs

Has anyone been able to find screenshots of the new map, or access it with their editors? I loved what was being posted but I am curious to see the whole new map.

I just hope they will edit all that so it looks good from above...
So far it looks like they just painted patterns on the map. xD

Did they say the map dimensions?

I just hope they will edit all that so it looks good from above...
So far it looks like they just painted patterns on the map. xD

Did they say the map dimensions?

It's terrible and the expansion is released so they will not make major changes any time soon.

It is not a new map file, it is placed in a previously blank area of termur

Oh.
Then i blame them for not being dedicated enough...
They butchered the malas mountains but that... that's just plain lazyness. :/

Back