1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed NPC Problem

Discussion in 'Archived Bug Reports' started by jeff, Mar 4, 2014.

1. jeff

jeff New Member

Recently (Feb 21) I changed my shard from RUNUO to ServUo. After doing so NPC's get a random name instead of the defined name. If they have a non-human body they end up with a human one.

Custom NPCs I made exhibit this and the file for the NPC was not altered at all. This issue is not limited to NPCs I created when on RunUO. It also affects Quest NPCs that are part of the ServUo Distro. for instance Grizelda the hag is never named Grizelda and Zeefzorpul her imp friend is neither named Zeefzorpul nor an imp.

I can upload the files if need be but they are unaltered from the ServUo Repro link above (they have the 10/28/2013 timestamp) . I believe I am overlooking some little thing. I doubt this issue is unique to me but I was unable to find any posts about it.

If someone can steer me to the correct direction or an existing post that would be wonderful.

As I said I am willing to upload any file that is need. I suspect it is related to BaseVendor.cs but really that is just guess.

Thanks for any help

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Redmoon

Redmoon Active Member

It does seem to be off the BaseVendor.cs
    Code (C#):
    2.             if (Female = GetGender())
    3.             {
    4.                 Body = 0x191;
    5.                 Name = NameList.RandomName("female");
    6.             }
    7.             else
    8.             {
    9.                 Body = 0x190;
    10.                 Name = NameList.RandomName("male");
    11.             }
    12.         }

3. jeff

jeff New Member

I guess my real question is why the specific NPC script's InitBody does not take precedence over the InitBody in the BaseVendor.cs? Looking at the scripts it is clearly the intention that the NPC Script's InitBody should be the one in effect.

4. Kalamus

Kalamus Active Member

The problem is in BaseVendor but it's not because of the InitBody method. That method does in fact get overridden properly. The problem is with the CheckMorph method. I did a fix for this for the MondainQuester.cs back when we were ForkUO because of the body morphing. You just have to override that method and leave it blank. You can override it within each NPC's class or if it should be for all 'Questers' then you can override it in BaseQuester and it will fix them all.
    Code (C#):
    1. public override void CheckMorph()
    2. {
    3.     // Don't morph me!
    4. }

5. jeff

jeff New Member

Thanks!!! that did it!!!.

For my purposes this is resolved. However this is occurs with unmodified files from the Repo. What is the process or mechanism for getting the BaseQuester.cs updated there?

6. Kalamus

Kalamus Active Member

I'll move this thread to Bug Reports and one of us Devs will take care of it :).

7. Toriad

Toriad Shard Owner

1 2 3 Not it! I kid, I got it.

8. Toriad

Toriad Shard Owner

Thanks for the fix kalamus.