Hi guys,

I need a statement of people who have already experience with the longtime usage of ServUO shards in combination with the XMLSpawner2 service.

I'm running ServUO Pub 54 (Build 6439.6960) since 4 weeks 24/7 on my dedicated server, and now that I'm almost finished by building my world and scripts I sadly noticed a - in my eyes - weird behaviour of the XMLSpawner (or mobiles spawning by it), but I'm not sure if this is a normal behaviour or unnormal, so I need experienced user to tell me if this is normal. I'm also running SA + ML content.

By now, I don't have any players playing on my shard, but the server item count overall still keeps increasing every 5 to 20 seconds, also I guess it is increasing mostly independently of the mobiles factor. It's today count by 315.000 items and 20512 mobiles.

The size of my hourly automatically tar.gz backups has constantly raised slowly about time, from ~3,00MB in the beginning to ~8MB by now.

I'm worrying if this behaviour would stop somewhere, or if my shard will be unusable in the near future.

I also tried to reproduce that within the latest clean ServUO publishes, but it will take weeks too see results, as the items are spawning slowly, but even there it's keeping counting up after loading all facettes, it would just need much time to see total results.

I also noticed that i'm able to stop the increasing of items by removing all xmlspawners in the world, but the existing items count only decreases by ~50.000 if I'm wiping all global spawners. That should be exactly the amount which the xmlspawning mobs and chest are keeping in their inventory, as they are deleted by wiping the spawners. So the rest left must have been spawning somewhere else.

Furthermore I tried to figure out, where these items are spawning within the server core of Item.cs and logging, but I only can figure out item types and not the locations, as they aren't set there.

You can find some screenshots I've been taking in the attachments:

Stats of 17.08.2017 5:22 pm
Stats of 17.08.2017 11:28pm
Stats of 18.08.2017 5:28pm

So.. I would be very grateful, if you could tell me if it's time to worry, or if it's just normal. Or maybe even a way to fix this, if it should be a problem.

Thanks in advance and keep going on with your great work.

cmruo

Attachments

• stats_1708_1128pm.png
    stats_1708_1128pm.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 32
  • stats_1808_528pm.png
    stats_1808_528pm.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 28
  • stats1_1708_522pm.png
    stats1_1708_522pm.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Use [xml find and search Item and see what they are. Also make sure items are t leaking to the internal map. Xmlfind is a very powerful tool.

Yes, I also tried that. I tried that again now with unloading all xmlspawner and the problem seems to have something to do with the Eodon NPCs, which are slowly spawning on the internal map (0,0,0) and never deleted.

There are thousands of entries on the internal map of them, with their items and equipment, even if the xmlspawners are completely unloaded, as far I can see all of the ~170000 internal entries belong to them, except the items which i am carrying on my player characters.
[doublepost=1503083147][/doublepost]I've tested it on a fresh clean setup with latest ServUO publish and the problem exists there also after loading the default xmlspawns out of the "Spawns" directory. Anyone know how to fix this and how to wipe this things out of internal without deleting player and other important items?

Attachments

• eodon.png
    eodon.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 45
  • eodon2.png
    eodon2.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
That's all on your internal map! Something is definitely wrong. What is your client version?

7.0.59.4, but it seems that the xmlspawner spawnfiles are buggy. I can visit Eodon and the Eodon Mobs are just standing normally on their places they should stay on, but sadly not only there.... Some of them also endlessly spawning on internal. As far as I can see atleast the WanderingShamans.

As I said I tried it with the latest ServUO Publish, clean, as well as with my older Pub54 Version. Both show the same problems after loading the XmlSpawner Spawnfiles. Slow spawning NPCs over time on Internal (0,0,0) which are never wiped.

Last edited:
Do you have any other UO versions the server could be using?

I have set Datapath in Datapath.cs directly to the client folder on my dedicated server. There is only one client folder available on my server. I have just quickly checked the server client version to be sure, it's 7.0.59.4. I just set the r/w/a rights of all client files again to 777 to avoid reading problems... But I don't think that would help, since it seems that all other facettes are spawning normally without any internal problems and the largest part of Eodon/Ter Mur seems to spawn normal, too.

It's just a WanderingShaman which is spawning endlessly every 10-20 seconds with other names, nothing more. :O

I will try to remove it if I can from the XmlSpawner Files and wipe all Shamans out ouf internal.. I will just remove the entries out of the xmlspawner files and wipe all of this type from my internal map.
[doublepost=1503092814][/doublepost]Much better now.. The Eodon Wandering Shaman's weren't spawning correctly on their places in Eodon, but somehow on the internal map. Thanks for help.

Last edited:
Back