Hi all, It looks like Im offending the server and I have no idea how to go about this one can anyone help me? Im including both files the report and the one I see mention on the report.

Attachments

• saveerror.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 18
  • BaseCreature.cs
    254.7 KB · Views: 4
it seems that you have mobile in scripts with ID 0xB48 or 2888, try to find it. This can be done quickly in Visual Studio using Ctrl+Shift + F, if you do not know where the script is with this mobile. Then run the script to try to identify the problem in it.

Actually, the problem is with XmlSpawner. I have run into this multiple times. To be honest, I do not remember if I ever found a solution. However, as they are technically "warnings" and not errors, I pretty much let it slide.

The issue seems to be that during a World.Save event, the code in XmlSpawner has a save routine somewhere that must actually be creating an instance of creatures. Either that or the Tick event for spawns is somehow over-riding the freeze that is supposed to be placed on the world during Saves. I found most of the time these were located in Orc Camps or some other type of spawn such as this with several Mobiles.

I know that I have posted on several forums and in private message to people I consider to be "gurus" with XmlSpawner, and I honestly am unable to recall if there was ever any "fix" for this. Let me see if @tass23 or @Ravenwolfe remembers our previous conversations.

One thing I do remember might have fixed it was starting over with a new server. I think the code I was using was outdated. If you are unable to upgrade your XmlSpawner to match what is in the most recent Repo, or if doing so does not resolve it, we can have a look at a couple methods in your copy of the XmlSpawner, and see if we can find the culprit.

Interesting thanks guys these are goo pointers, I do have a github for my shard, and after 2 searches, I have lots of 2888 like on 12 files, but the 0xB48 is only in one place, let me look into this, could this be somehow related? this last one looks horrible..

Attachments

• clicl.PNG
    clicl.PNG
    22.6 KB · Views: 10
I know that I have posted on several forums and in private message to people I consider to be "gurus" with XmlSpawner, and I honestly am unable to recall if there was ever any "fix" for this. Let me see if @tass23 or @Ravenwolfe remembers our previous conversations.
Yes, I remember we spoke about this a few years ago. I have never experienced this on The Expanse, but I have run into the issue with shards from others looking for fixes. A clean installation of Xmlspawner appeared to fix things, but I don't remember if any Saves were saved, since it was basically a brand new shard to begin with.

The long alternative would be to start with a new shard that has Xmlspawner installed and slowly port over your custom code(s) to see if/when it breaks the functionality again.

Back