I've got servers with DigitalOcean and Vultr, only hosting web sites and backups but reasonable prices, and they are reliable.

Second on OVH. I have two Canadian Based VPS from them and they work fine in the US.

I am looking at their 5.99 plan right now with single core 2.4ghz cpu, 4gb ram, and 20gb of storage. In US$ it comes to around $8, which is affordable for me. With the Website hosting for 1.99, which is around $3 US, I can afford $11 for the whole package of web and server.

If I may ask for your opinion, if I am running Linux in command line only, would 20gb of hard drive space be enough?

20gb would be ok. Its the stupid client files that take up all the room. You could get away with only using the needed client files instead of them all. 40gb would be safer, especially if they are using an SSD drive. I like to have at least 50% HDD free.

20gb would be ok. Its the stupid client files that take up all the room. You could get away with only using the needed client files instead of them all. 40gb would be safer, especially if they are using an SSD drive. I like to have at least 50% HDD free.

If I can keep the saved files down, great.
As to the client files, I only use what I need of them.

Thanks Ravenwolfe. I just needed to bounce an opinion off of someone.
Thanks all for your input so far.

I pay the extra 10 bucks a month to double the ram to 16 gb for a total of 30 a month for this. And it says 500 gb, but mine came with 1.8tb for some reason..... I run my uo, minecraft, tf2, mumble, and trinitycore server all from here plus the websites for each and my wordpress blog and a few scripts, ect..... Top notch service. Just passing on the info... Tell them customer "cmileto" sent ya lol
https://lowendbox.com/blog/joes-datacenter-20month-dual-l5420-w-8gb-ram-500gb-hdd-kansas-city/

sweet! enjoy it man. Im thinking of a second one if the old lady lets me :p Let me know if I can help with anything

OVH is always a good choice, as long as you don't need any handholding.
Even their dedicated ranges are quite cheap (soyoustart.com and kimsufi.com)

Back