Good day everyone.

I am looking for the cause of poor reading from statics in runUO based emulators. This also applies to ServUO. From the pictures you can see that in CenterEd, mulpatcher correctly shows the decoration IDs (flowers, stones etc.). It also appears correctly in the sphere. But in RunUO-based emulators, ie RunUO All Versions, ServUO All Versions, SunUo, etc., decorations appear strangely. Why does the statics load incorrectly?

This is incorrectly displayed on all versions of Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy

Last edited:
It's the season for your map. The client changes some statics from weeds & grasses to flowers depending on the "season" setting for the map.

Seasons are chosen in the MapDefinitions.cs file. The season value is the number before the name of the map. Here it is 0, for Spring.

Code:
            RegisterMap( 1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",        MapRules.TrammelRules );

This is the notes I made for myself within that file. My shard changes seasons based on the real-world date just to keep things interesting.

Code:
//            Number before facet name = season
//                0 = spring (flowers)
//                1 = summer (flowers replaced by grasses)
//                2 = fall (all trees yellow leaves except pines)
//                3 = winter (looks awful; snow map was never finished)
//                    When used in Malas it looks fine - no leaves on trees but no glitchy snow
//                4 = total desolation, with tombstones & blood like Felucca

I'm not a programmer, I'll pass this information to a colleague. Thank you.

Still the question of how to configure which plant will load from the statics in a given time?

Last edited:
The default season for Tram in RunUO is 0, so I would change it to season 1. That should give you the same results you get when designing in CentrEd and in Sphere emulators.

Thank you Falkor. And can it be turned off completely? Thus, if shutting down does not solve the setting of 1.

The client expects the server to specify a season. Choosing "1" should mean that your maps always display as they were designed in CentrEd.

I guess that means Sphere always sends "1" as the value but I have never used Sphere.

Back