zerodowned

I recall a script [ on RunUo ] that allowed overriding buttons on the Paperdoll, like creating a customer Help system.
Can't seem to find it on RunUo or here now, does anyone remember this script?

Look in Scripts\Engines\Help\HelpGump.cs
Then on line 55

EventSink.HelpRequest += new HelpRequestEventHandler( EventSink_HelpRequest );

Just remove that handler and create your own.

EDIT: don't know anything about the script tho

Oh, right, an evenksink.
I thought there was a way to override the packet for a paperdoll button though and there isn't an eventsink for every button

Oh, right, an evenksink.
I thought there was a way to override the packet for a paperdoll button though and there isn't an eventsink for every button

I played around with the Skills button for my Custom Skills system. For that I simply hooked into the method in PlayerMobile that fetches the Skills gump. Yes, not everything has an EventSink, but most things can be found one place or another. I am guessing that the Guild button might be the same. As for Help, Boldunum is correct.

Sorry, forgot to post an update. Was able to find most paperdoll buttons in eventsink

ChatRequestEventHandler
VirtueGumpRequestEventHandler
HelpRequestEventHandler
LogoutEventHandler
GuildGumpRequestHandler

@zerodowned
I see those are the calls when the buttons are pressed...did you happen to find anything that would let you change any of the buttons (moving them around perhaps), besides just changing the gump images?
The Party Manifest button is in a terrible position (mostly blocked by robes/cloaks, and a foot), and I was hoping to moving it somewhere else on the paperdoll, or "block" it and add a new button.

@zerodowned
I see those are the calls when the buttons are pressed...did you happen to find anything that would let you change any of the buttons (moving them around perhaps), besides just changing the gump images?
The Party Manifest button is in a terrible position (mostly blocked by robes/cloaks, and a foot), and I was hoping to moving it somewhere else on the paperdoll, or "block" it and add a new button.
unfortunately not, it seems to be hard coded into the client.

I see in EC you can use a context menu on other players to add them to the part; so you could use that for CC too.
But as for a workaround to get to the party system menu like you mentioned...I'm not sure other than seeing if there's another cliloc that would work and add it the player's self-context options?

unfortunately not, it seems to be hard coded into the client.

I see in EC you can use a context menu on other players to add them to the part; so you could use that for CC too.
But as for a workaround to get to the party system menu like you mentioned...I'm not sure other than seeing if there's another cliloc that would work and add it the player's self-context options?
Alright, so if that is the case...I think I know a way to skin this cat LOL
Stay tuned... ;)

EDIT:
Well, since there is no call to the Party Manifest, there is no way I can see to switch it to another button. I was thinking I could replace the Peace/War button with Party, but I can't get it to open the Party Manifest.

Last edited:
well, poo...
was hoping that it could be called with something like this, but it doesn't work either.

maybe send Broadsword devs a suggestion to move the party manifest scroll on the paperdoll? you can't be the only one who's bothered by it

or you could just clone the party manifest gump by coding one yourself

Code:
public static void Party_OnCommand( CommandEventArgs e )
        {      
            Party p = Party.Get(e.Mobile);

if (p == null)
                e.Mobile.Party = p = new Party(e.Mobile);

e.Mobile.Send(new PartyMemberList(p));
        }

this is about as close as I can get to cloning it, everything but the font; but I can use the hex code shown there for the grey color and probably the lighter shadow

edit: the text on top is a little low

upload_2017-2-18_8-47-50.png

Yeah, I can build a new one, it's just accessing it currently is not...I don't want to say convenient, or difficult...but I would certainly say "hidden", thanks, dude :)

Back