1. Can I use oz to make a new dungeon?

2. If I can, do I freeze the statics I place?

3. If I do freeze the statics, can players that log into my server see these statics without having to download custom map files from me?

4. if all this is possible, where do I build the new dungeon? In green acres?

5. how do I make a teleport from “dungeon entrance” to “dungeon location”

any answers would be greatly appreciated

1. Can I use oz to make a new dungeon?

You can.

2. If I can, do I freeze the statics I place?

Yes.

3. If I do freeze the statics, can players that log into my server see these statics without having to download custom map files from me?

No. If you freeze they become part of the map.

4. if all this is possible, where do I build the new dungeon? In green acres?

It would not have to be in Green Acres, unless you want to have it there to get the grass look already in place. I would recommend the black areas because you could then define your own regions for your new dungeons and they would not be limited by the rules in place for Green Acres.

5. how do I make a teleport from “dungeon entrance” to “dungeon location”

[Add Teleporter
[Props on the teleporter
move yourself to the dungeon
set the Destination field on the teleporter, and Target yourself

@Lokai
Thanks for the response!
Sorry for all the questions but what files would my friends need to get from me to see the statics?

They'd need a copy of the statics#.mul/staidx#.mul files you froze the items into, and then replace those files in their UO folder (after taking a backup of the original files). The # in the filenames would depend on which world/facet you froze the items into; if you freeze them in facet 0 (Felucca), it would be statics0.mul/staidx0.mul. If you do it in facet 1 (Trammel), they'd need statics1.mul/staidx1.mul, and so on.

Thanks for the help!

If my map files are map#LegacyMUL.uop format will this still work to freeze and distribute to my friends?

also, @Xuri I see you said 0 is fel and 1 is tram and so on. Is there a place where I can see the complete map list so I know which is which?

map0LegacyMUL.uop fel
map1LegacyMUL.uop Trammel
map2LegacyMUL.uop Malas
map3LegacyMUL.uop Ilsh
map4LegacyMUL.uop Tokano
map5LegacyMUL.uop TeMur & Eodon

at least this is on my shard list
correct me if wrong.

Back