on latest TOL client 7.0.56, new items got added and now tiledata have 40703 items (0x9EFF)

but even using client 7.0.56, all items > 40203 (0x9D0B) are not displaying correctly, the client draw it on screen using "unused" id (0x0)

Client7056error.png

the same situation occured years ago on SA -> HS update, where the packet 0xF3 (WorldItemSA) was not able to draw HS items so it got updated to WorldItemHS to be able to draw these items correctly
https://github.com/ServUO/ServUO/blob/master/Server/Network/Packets.cs#L1305

but now the same is occuring again on TOL items > 40203 (0x9D0B), so maybe its time to create a new packet WorldItemTOL?

this is taken from a help guide on my forums.

Sometimes this folder, which caches art, gets corrupted. Deleting it will fix the issues but sometimes results in settings / macro saves.

This is a common issue in regards to shards that use the newest client and newest art work.

UO saves files to your computer in other locations to allow for quick loading. I only know how to fix these issues on a Windows computer. To find the files in question will take a little work on your end.
  1. Log out and close down all instances of the UO client.
  2. Make sure you can see Hidden folders and files on your desktop.
  3. go to - Users/"my name"/Local/AppData/VirtualStore/ProgramFiles(x86).
  4. This can usually be found in your C:// the "my name" section is where you would click on your windows user name.
  5. Inside you will find an EA Games folder. Delete that and restart the UO client.

thanks, it really did the trick

I deleted the file "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\artLegacyMUL.uop", and after open client.exe again, it created another copy of this file now with everything working fine

Impressive @Tasanar, that's something I didn't know!
Never had the issue myself, but it seems odd that the game would copy the entire art file to that directory :S
Is it their way of allowing the patcher to run while you have the game open? *shrugs*

Yeah it happens when you update clients sometimes. You may not be able to see a newer item even with the right client. It seems the client also reads the art files there, before the main ones.

Wit this new information, I can probably clear up a ton of issues that my players have using my shard patcher.
Having it simply wipe that directory whenever a new patch is available should do the trick!

I don't actually seem to have any trace of UO in my AppData directory, I am running Windows 7.

I have a feeling this only happens on Windows 10, but I could be wrong - @PyrO @Tasanar @Coruja are you using Windows 10?

I am but I had it on previous versions of windows too. But I think it mostly happens when you install Ultima into the default programms folder. May be because of the rights management?

Well, I'm not too sure, but what I do know is that 99% of the issues reported by my players using my patcher are caused by Windows 10 in some shape or form.
It would be great to finally confirm it.

Just to add some more user info:
I use windows 10 with UO,
I don't have the folder mentioned in AppData.
I have UO installed in C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\

The only issue I've had with UO's client since using windows 10 was client closing soon as it came up which I solved with a program I downloaded called LargeAddressAware.exe which lets UO (and other 32bit programs) access up to 4 GiB on x64 operating systems

Just to add some more user info:
I use windows 10 with UO,
I don't have the folder mentioned in AppData.
I have UO installed in C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\

The only issue I've had with UO's client since using windows 10 was client closing soon as it came up which I solved with a program I downloaded called LargeAddressAware.exe which lets UO (and other 32bit programs) access up to 4 GiB on x64 operating systems
try using path AppData\Local instead Local\AppData

Back