Norman Lancaster submitted a new resource:

Pandora's Gift Box - Gift giving system with simple in-game configuration

Installation
Place this anywhere in your Scripts directory and restart the shard.

Usage
Use the [add command to create a PandorasGiftBox anywhere in the world. This is a container that is only accessible by Game Masters and above. It is not moveable, but is visible. I recommend creating them somewhere only staff can access, such as Green Acres.

Each gift box represents one gift that players may receive on login. Everything contained within the gift box will be duplicated and...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for the feedback Tukaram! Any criticism or features you would like added? Personally I am finding that there needs to be some way of telling it to randomly select between a random set of items.

I got distracted. I switched everything over the the EC right after you posted this... and I forgot all about it ha ha. Periodically I have to scan over my custom script folder to see what I forgot about (I just found the [band command for bandaging... put it in a year ago and promptly forgot - it is hell getting old)

Random gifts could be fun, but I am seeing it as an easy way to to do new character items (more flexible than editing charactercreation.cs), and great for any holiday gifts. There are holiday gift scripts out there but you would have to edit them to change the date, the holiday, or the items. This is simple to use.

I could see using it for a special item for a time-sensitive quest. Lots of ways to use this.

Oops... I have a gift box out and every time I try to make a new character the shard shuts down and restarts. I am using the EC build - but it crashes on EC or CC. If I turn off the gift box I can create the character....

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 0.5, Build 5887.42077
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 2/14/2016 00:09:29
Mobiles: 3175
Items: 120424
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Customs.PandorasGiftBox.TryGift(Mobile m)
at Server.CharacterCreatedEventHandler.Invoke(CharacterCreatedEventArgs e)
at Server.EventSink.InvokeCharacterCreated(CharacterCreatedEventArgs e) in c:\Users\Tuka\Desktop\UO Game Files\EC Serv UO Clone\Server\EventSink.cs:line 1478
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.KRCreateCharacter(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in c:\Users\Tuka\Desktop\UO Game Files\EC Serv UO Clone\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 3192
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\Users\Tuka\Desktop\UO Game Files\EC Serv UO Clone\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 196
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\Users\Tuka\Desktop\UO Game Files\EC Serv UO Clone\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 121
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Tuka\Desktop\UO Game Files\EC Serv UO Clone\Server\Main.cs:line 577

That seems to have fixed it :)

I just replaced the file, made a new box, and made a new character. Worked like a charm. I see what you changed...but it means nothing to me yet.... Does that basically tell it that if the bank box and/or backpack is empty... don't sweat it? (that is the technical term for it, you know)

Changed This:
if (!m_Active || Items.Count <= 0)
To this:
if (m == null || m.Backpack == null || m.BankBox == null ||
!m_Active || Items.Count <= 0)

Thank you so much for this!!! This is absolutely a must have for my server! Such a simple little item with such big power! Good job!

Back