How can I increase the drop rate on a paragon to drop an artifact? I was looking at the math in the paragon.cs but I cannot make heads or tails of it... :)

double chance = 1 / (Math.Max(10, 100 * (0.83 - Math.Round(Math.Log(Math.Round(fame / 6000, 3) + 0.001, 10), 3))) * (100 - Math.Sqrt(m.Luck)) / 100.0);

return chance > Utility.RandomDouble();
}

I see chance = math math math fame math math luck divided by 100.
If I were trying to tweak this, I would just add above the return line "chance *= 1.5;" or something, and tweak that up/down until it was where I wanted. Possibly even write the chance to the console so I have a visual of the odds of an artifact.

*edit: damn facebook, took me like 20 minutes to write that and someone gave an easier response first lol.

double chance = 1 / (Math.Max(10, 100 * (0.83 - Math.Round(Math.Log(Math.Round(fame / 6000, 3) + 0.001, 10), 3))) * (100 - Math.Sqrt(m.Luck)) / 100.0);

Math.Max(20, 100*(0,83-Math.Round(Fame / 6000, 3) + 0.001, 20), 3)))

that should give a 20% chance...

How would I go about doing that? Sounds interesting
Code:

Console.WriteLine("{0} chance of artifact from {1}", chance, bc.Name);
}

*edit: Also note, using [kill on an admin character will not trigger the check for an artifact, you have to kill the mob with a weapon/fists/magic/etc, but you can do this with an admin character.

Last edited:
Code:

chance *= 1.1; // Set your bonus chance here. 1.1 is 10%
Console.WriteLine("Paragon chance: " + chance.ToString() +"%");

//Edit I should read a thread before I reply :) already answered.

I tested it on demons. The original chance was 0.057, I played around with it and now it says 0.14 I will play with that and see how it works. That is kind of a big change - it may be too much...

Thanks for all the help.

...of course I will never admit how long I messed with it, seeing no change at all...then realizing I was using a XMLParagon spawner.... and needed to make the same changes to xmlparagon.cs too ha ha (I also tested the changes on Trolls on regular spawners)

If you want to get a bit more visual, add to your output what the random number ends up being, i.e.
replace
Code:
with
Code:
double artyRnd = Utility.RandomDouble();
Console.WriteLine("Arty number: {0}", artyRnd);
return chance > artyRnd;

Back