Can anyone point me to a tutorial or help me understand how to perma increase skills cap on an existing character? I play UO with my Sons and we created our characters well before we understood how to increase the skills cap for new characters. Today, we are just using prop to change it each time we log each character in, but I'd love to make the cap increase permanent if that is possible.
Thanks!

[global set SkillsCap "skill cap number" where playermobile = where "skill cap number" is just remove and add your number for your skills cap :)

Thank you! Just tried that and it doesn't appear permanent. Log out and back in and it's back to default.

look in startup.xml and change this line
<skillcap>200000</skillcap>
Ours is set to raise all skills to max level after set and restart you may need to do
[global set SkillsCap "skill cap number" where playermobile = where "skill cap number" is just remove and add your number for your skills cap :)

This is a startup.xml from a old server i had on justuo. It is not needed for servuo.

It should be in the same folder as you justuo.exe file

Attachments

• startup.xml
    333 bytes · Views: 8
Ok, thanks. Just looking for a way to permanently increase skills cap. I was hoping using the startup.xml would work as described by Neshoba for runuo. Man, this is much more difficult that I figured it'd be! :)

I have now, yes. Thank you. It was stated that is was only for new characters but working with the guys on the Discord, I have updated that and all is well now. Thanks!!

not sure that using the config works anymore, using server downloaded 9/20/2019 set total statcap to 400 and on restart i get

choosing no shuts it down and choosing yes it continues to load but I will have to find out if it actually raises the caps and will have to hit y every time i reboot which is a pain, I wont be able to set it to restart on a schedule
Post automatically merged:

the previous was followed by

Last edited:
I mean it does tell you that it didnt load the file since its not properly formatted at line 16. So you would need to look at that line and alter it

even after changing it back to default i get the same messages, it will repeat the config warning about using defaults thousands of times , the server will run but it keeps repeating that while running, there was am extra space after the =
LOL thank you

Last edited:
Back