Is there a way to change a players account user name? I have a player, who has spaces in their user name and wants them removed. It seems some launchers allow spaces and some don't.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not real savvy, could you explain a little more please?
[doublepost=1529729351][/doublepost]oh ok I didn't see the rest of your reply until I looked again
[doublepost=1529730322][/doublepost]Ok, that didn't seem to work or I'm doing something wrong. At any rate I need more guidance. I changed it but at the first autosave it changed it back? Do I do this with the shard running or with it down? Any other ideas what I'm missing?

This is super useful, thanks for the tip, @Hammerhand. Obviously a person simply needs to edit the main accounts.xml file found in Saves\Accounts\ with the shard down for it not to get overwritten.

While we're on it, I do see the encrypted password there, but it's different for each of my accounts even though they all use the same password. Is there anything else we can do here in an emergency, like simply deleting that field if a user forgets their own?

Last edited:
There is an "in game" option for GM's to change passwords, but not for user names. I would think in an emergency, obviously a person simply needs to use that.

E.T.A I had to go in game with a gm and change the password to the account in question to make this all work. I "changed" it to exactly the same as it was and it all works now, thanks for all the help! :)

Last edited:
Back