What tool do you use more, Gump Studio or UO Architect?

• Total voters
Planning out my first week of scripting for the new year and having a hard time deciding what I'll add first to UO Black Box, so I'll let you decide!

This is a very special question. I understand that you're programming and you're trying to create something better for these programs. But Gump Studio and UO Architect, these are very different programs that are used each for completely different things in UO. So I think your question is useless. If I had the option to check both, I will do it, otherwise I cannot check anything.

This is a very special question. I understand that you're programming and you're trying to create something better for these programs. But Gump Studio and UO Architect, these are very different programs that are used each for completely different things in UO. So I think your question is useless. If I had the option to check both, I will do it, otherwise I cannot check anything.

I disagree. What he is deciding is not which tool is better, but which would be more likely to be useful to the people interested in his program. As I have very little experience in UO Architect, I selected Gump Studio, and other people might select the other. It's very possible he plans on working on both projects eventually, but is simply prioritizing.

I have used both- but UO Architect is wonderful for building and sharing-which I have done so much. Gump Studio is fun to create your own custom unique gumps for Quests. I did vote for UO Architect :)

I will be adding my own version of both tools to UO Black Box, just deciding which to do first, I will not be using Bradly's code for studio or "I'm at a loss to His name but knew him back on Orb" think it was Mimax or something like that, I will not use His code for UOA, I'm am writing them from scratch as I have done with the tool to date! I do not believe in anything being difficult, as I believe what ever you can think of, you can code with c#! Last person to argue with me about what is possible or not was Phantom back on RunUO in the mid 2000's, said flying was impossible for UO, which only took me a month back then on net 3.5 to make and prove him wrong!

My goal is to have a one stop tool, minus the mul/uop editing as seen in Centerd/Muleditor or UOL!

Though when I'm done I might look to work on them as well!

Oh Phantom! I know he did his share of really ticking some off :) His words also- if you don't know C you have no business having a server!

Oh Phantom! I know he did his share of really ticking some off :) His words also- if you don't know C you have no business having a server!

I swear he was the angriest kid on RunUO, I would go out of my way to help those He told to Fuck Off, He hated me!

My first submission when I started to learn c# which was hard back then, no resources and couldn't even find a book, not like now with all the info on youtube! Was the script tool kit, it had the most downloads at over 10k, Phantom hated it as it was just a bunch of runuo mob and item scripts with comments helping other understand how to edit them on there own.

If Phantom had his way, no one without a developers lic would be able to touch the scripts and when you think back, that was the dawn of c# when we all were learning!

I remember Phantom...but on a different subject...do you know flying is impossible in RunUO?

Anyway...I use GumpStudio all of the time. I never used UO Architect...as I made new houses in Centred and converted them to multis that way.

Back