1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Possible issue with Fishing Quests

Discussion in 'Archived Bug Reports' started by Tasanar, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Tasanar

So a player claimed they had a large crate fish order and when they sailed all the way to Trinsic the harbor master would not accept the order and the crate was deleted, with no reward, because it instead offered him the original "Accept a new quest" menu.

I looked into it but could not understand why so I chalked it up to "player error".

However they then said they had a fishpole equipped with +10 fishing on it PRIOR to accepting and the fishing pole was no longer equipped when they returned to turn in the quest.

Okay, interesting, so I looked at

FishQuestHelp.cs

and noticed this:
    Code (C#):
    1. public static int GetIndexForSkillLevel(Mobile from)
    2.         {
    3.             if (from == null)
    4.                 return 0;
    6.             double skill = from.Skills[SkillName.Fishing].Value;
    8.             if (skill < 80.0)
    9.                 return 11;
    10.             else if (skill < 106.0)
    11.                 return 41;
    12.             else
    13.                 return m_Fish.Length; //TODO CHECK
    14.         }
    Should it not check for "real" skill? I believe this caused it to re-check and deny the original order.

2. Dexter_Lexia

Moderator ServUO Developer

So, they completed the order, and the new monger wouldn't accept the completed crate?

3. Tasanar

So they say, they then said that when they double clicked the monger again he turned around and offered a new quest and thus the old crate got deleted from the ship hold. They were 100 without the fishing pole and 110 with it. Just not sure if you could see anywhere else where it checks for skill. That was the only spot I could find but maybe there is a skill check somewhere else?

4. Dexter_Lexia

Moderator ServUO Developer

That check is not done when you try to complete a quest, only when you first accept the quest. I'll change it to base skill, should be that anyways.

• Like Like x 1