I'm not so much a map person myself atm, so I don't know how hard or easy this would be.

Would it be possible to move the exact Lord Blackthorn Castle from its Trammel side, to felucca?

If I remember correctly, the felucca side is unchanged but the trammel side is has the new layout and everything.

You can move chunks of the map from one to another using UOFiddler, yes. I'd say on a scale from easy to hard it is moderately easy. You'd probably just want to change the decor to be more "felucca"ish once its moved.

Why not make a clone map of trammel with felucca ruleset and set teleporters from felucca to your clone map and vis versa? So from aspect of player the map is on felucca , but in reality its on the "cloned trammel with felucca ruleset". Doesnt require any big change except adding a map to list and a few teleporters. We are doing a lot of this stuff like making events for fel\trammel on event maps where we exchange teleporters or add aditional teleporters to leave the default area untouched.

You could switch out the Felucca MapID in MapDefinitions.cs so that Felucca and Trammel both use the same files, but then you'd lose Felucca-only features.

So I don't feel like boting up the server to double check but if Fel side just has an empty lake it's actually pretty easy.

Since Blackthrorn's castle is made out of statics you can use UOAR to rip them directly off the map, copy the stone pathway and bridge along with it then simply repast to Fellucca. Polish it off by surrounding the area with grass tiles, stone work, and a full wrap around dock above the water to mask merging with the map. Outside of making it look pretty you could have it done in-game by virtually any GM level character in about five minutes.

Edit - Bonus Round!
By using [area set itemid XX where static itemid == YY you can run about two circles around the static and completely substitute it's walls for something else. Like instead of the white bricks maybe you'd like the evil decor walls for custom houses better.[/i]

So I don't feel like boting up the server to double check but if Fel side just has an empty lake it's actually pretty easy.

Since Blackthrorn's castle is made out of statics you can use UOAR to rip them directly off the map, copy the stone pathway and bridge along with it then simply repast to Fellucca. Polish it off by surrounding the area with grass tiles, stone work, and a full wrap around dock above the water to mask merging with the map. Outside of making it look pretty you could have it done in-game by virtually any GM level character in about five minutes.

The island and land tiles itself have also changed as well. The island is bigger on tram, while on fel its a lot smaller.
I'm looking at finding out how to grab the statics as well as the land, (or possibly even just creating the land from scratch and copying the statics over on top of it.

To alter the land you'd have to alter the map file, to remove any trees (if they are there) you'd have to alter the static files and players would have to have copies as well.

To be honest, I'd probably just use teleporting tiles as mentioned before if it gets too ugly. But you can still try to UOAR to copy and paste it anyway, raise it up enough enough you can't see any grass and throw some pillars on any corner poking out to "support it". If anyone asks, tell them it looks like Blackthorn looked at the tiny island and demanded to rebuild his castle in the same dimensions anyway. One does not question his majesty. ;)

To alter the land you'd have to alter the map file, to remove any trees (if they are there) you'd have to alter the static files and players would have to have copies as well.

To be honest, I'd probably just use teleporting tiles as mentioned before if it gets too ugly. But you can still try to UOAR to copy and paste it anyway, raise it up enough enough you can't see any grass and throw some pillars on any corner poking out to "support it". If anyone asks, tell them it looks like Blackthorn looked at the tiny island and demanded to rebuild his castle in the same dimensions anyway. One does not question his majesty. ;)

Changing the files and distributing to players is not a problem. We have a launcher that will automatically updated the players.
Just was looking for the best way to do it.

I wish we could just do teleporters =P but its fel only and itll just be a hassle having to close the areas around the castle etc. That works well if you are using a trammel dungeon or something like that. But for an island in the middle of Britain, we'd still want players to do what they want around it. Whether it be drop a boat and sail to the other side or whatever.

I appreciate all the support we're getting though =]

I'm sure I'll be able to do it now.

Back