Possibly Painful Merges Ahead

Tukaram

Squire
Jan 4, 2015
This is going to be great. Right now it is hard to find some stuff as it is spread out all over. I have only been messing with emulators a year and a half and my 'customs' folder was already getting out of control ha ha (I organized it last month). I can imagine the whole UO repo after how many years??

Shazzy

Knight
Mar 6, 2015
Wisconsin
shazzysuoshard.proboards.com
Shard Name
Shazzy's Shard
Those of us using TortoiseSVN to merge changes and update the svn.....wow....what a mess....:(:(:(

Once the files are moved, as long as this isn't a move things around all the time situation, then it should be oik.
For now my hair is falling out :(

Dec 22, 2015
We won't be doing this all the time. Maybe a file or two here and there as we find things that I either misplaced or missed outright. But this should be the only major reorganization for the next decade :) Also, everything but the Quests and Services directories are done now. So that should cover most shard's customizations. I didn't finish over the weekend due to having the weekend alone with no wife and kids. So naturally I played UO for like 36 hours :)

Shazzy

Knight
Mar 6, 2015
Wisconsin
shazzysuoshard.proboards.com
Shard Name
Shazzy's Shard
We won't be doing this all the time. Maybe a file or two here and there as we find things that I either misplaced or missed outright. But this should be the only major reorganization for the next decade :) Also, everything but the Quests and Services directories are done now. So that should cover most shard's customizations. I didn't finish over the weekend due to having the weekend alone with no wife and kids. So naturally I played UO for like 36 hours :)
Found time to play?!?!?!
My poor character has mothball all over it :p
Thanks for the update on this, Norman.

Shazzy

Tasanar

Admin
ServUO Developer
Oct 16, 2014
trueuo.com
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Donate money to this user
Honestly....am I the only one who does not like the way everything is set up now in regards to folders? Why is a runebook an artifact spellbook? It is a lot harder to find basic scripts. I was looking for pigments of tokuno tonight to make some edits...oh shit I can not just look in Services / treasuresoftokuno. The tokuno rewards script has all the items so where oh where did Norman put the entire script....Even looking for holiday consumables by type is annoying now. It was better the way RunUO had it. Just my opinion I know.

I grew up on RunUO and the ServUO "restructuring" is terrible in regards to trying to find certain items. You took all items, regardless of what "age" or system it was introduced in and shoved it into one folder. Over the years UO has added SO MANY items....the way it was set up before was a lot easier to navigate. Leave the items to their respected systems / Time frame(holidays and events).

I have even noticed, in a LOT of these new system releases, that the items are IN THEIR RESPECTED SYSTEMS folder, the way it was and always has been. It never should have been changed...why...because it makes sense and is easier for everyone...They are not thrown into the random nonsense folders which are sorted by the most basic design of the item. Please, at least going forward, leave these items where they are.

I would actually like to "restructure" everything back to the way it was. Even looking through mobiles now is a f*&^%&g nightmare. Put all the quest NPCS in their own folder, based on their quest....oh wait....this is where they used to be...... This was a terrible idea.

Last edited:
X

xG00BERx

Once again Tasanar puttin work in! Ive been thinking about this as well.

john burns

Knight
Mar 12, 2014
Michigan, USA
vachiadroylia.dynu.net
Shard Name
Vachia Droylia
I have a question.

Who says that we have to leave the folders the way they are, can't we organize them the way we want?
When it comes time to update with GitHub we may have to forego that and just update another way.

But this is all just a matter of opinion

Crome969

Squire
Jan 9, 2014
Germany
www.RebirthUO.com
Shard Name
RebirthUO
Donate
Donate money to this user
Honestly....am I the only one who does not like the way everything is set up now in regards to folders? Why is a runebook an artifact spellbook? It is a lot harder to find basic scripts. I was looking for pigments of tokuno tonight to make some edits...oh shit I can not just look in Services / treasuresoftokuno. The tokuno rewards script has all the items so where oh where did Norman put the entire script....Even looking for holiday consumables by type is annoying now. It was better the way RunUO had it. Just my opinion I know.

I grew up on RunUO and the ServUO "restructuring" is terrible in regards to trying to find certain items. You took all items, regardless of what "age" or system it was introduced in and shoved it into one folder. Over the years UO has added SO MANY items....the way it was set up before was a lot easier to navigate. Leave the items to their respected systems / Time frame(holidays and events).

I have even noticed, in a LOT of these new system releases, that the items are IN THEIR RESPECTED SYSTEMS folder, the way it was and always has been. It never should have been changed...why...because it makes sense and is easier for everyone...They are not thrown into the random nonsense folders which are sorted by the most basic design of the item. Please, at least going forward, leave these items where they are.

I would actually like to "restructure" everything back to the way it was. Even looking through mobiles now is a f*&^%&g nightmare. Put all the quest NPCS in their own folder, based on their quest....oh wait....this is where they used to be...... This was a terrible idea.
I must say new structure is great but only works when everyone participate properly onto it. But if ServUO goes back to old structure i might have to quit :eek::eek::eek::eek: The Nightmare still follow me up to today updating structure..o_O