im trying to configure my Expansion to not have fire,cold,poison, etc damage... so i set my Expansion to LBR, one lower than AOS

but this way, i cant display the item properties nicely, with colors (html), properties, etc even if i change ObjectPropertyList.Enabled = true;

there is a way to disable AOS itens with elemental resistance/damage but keep the nicely item description with colors and properties that we have on AOS expansion ?

so i set my Expansion to LBR, one lower than AOS

but this way, i cant display the item properties nicely, with colors (html), properties, etc even if i change ObjectPropertyList.Enabled = true;
Anything pre AOS did not have the AOS attributes, thus, nothing to show.

As far as removing the dmg/resists.. that's quite the feat..

So i should use AOS Expansions but removing those attributes.
The problem is that is this case, the damage will be out of balance.

i will take a look closer soon.
Tkz

im trying to configure my Expansion to not have fire,cold,poison, etc damage... so i set my Expansion to LBR, one lower than AOS

there is a way to disable AOS itens with elemental resistance/damage but keep the nicely item description with colors and properties that we have on AOS expansion ?

Below this:

ObjectPropertyList.Enabled = true;

add this:

PacketHandlers.SingleClickProps = true;

You will notice that it appears in some lines below that as well. However, those lines come after the !Core.AOS return line so that line never gets read.

Has anyone tried this? It seems like a great way to accomplish a project I'm tinkering with. I'm trying to set up a shard with new expansion features but WITHOUT elemental damages and resists. This should simplify armors hugely if a leather tunic has the same AR as any other leather tunic (of course protection, durability and exceptional bonuses would apply like in earlier systems) and yet still other attributes such as skill bonuses and such.

Arphile's suggestion. I know it's a necro thread, it popped up when I was doing a search to see if there were any posts about removing the AOS style resists/damages from armor/clothing/weps on a post AOS style server.

I feel like that sounds easy, but would end in disaster. I'd make a backup copy of your entire server before attempting.

Just to point it out. You will need to fix many calls that check core expansions sins the core will use AOS calculations on damage and item drops. You might end up with a 100% fire damage sword. A place to start is in AOS.CS around line 109 and let all function calls go throw to m.Damage(damage, from);

Another thing to keep an eye on is things like ComputeDamage in BaseWeapons around 2246. It does some calls from different rows to the same function and gets stopped the first time in a check but next time there is no AOS check and it will go in. Inside the function you have some calls again with AOS core checks.

It is a bit like a snake nest, I have done these then I cleaned up and removed all none T2A code. Took me three times (restarted from the beginning again) before I got a somewhat clean code, one of the times was then I crashed the damage calculation. But I did also go deep into it and even removed none T2A related code from the core to speed things up.

-Grim

Back