Hello ServUO Community,

I have some little problems with my server on my Raspberry Pi. If I "make" it fresh via MONO I can start my server and it works quite fine (using the RPi 1), but I can't start the Server a second time.

Here is the Error:
ai.imgur.com_8crX68p.png
http://imgur.com/8crX68p

Well, I've forgotten to chmod 777 the save folder, can I do this on the whole ServUO folder since I have no "save" folder there? Or do I have to look somewhere else? Can I just create a folder named "save" on my own?! And is the name even "save" or maybe "saves" or something like that?

In addition I don't want to insert the directory to my UOC Client everytime I start up the Server, that's why I thought I could use Github and my uber h4xx0r C# skills (not...) to skip the prompt. Should work quite well but I want to make sure first, that my Github setup/config is now correct (... because I accidentally pulled on the master branch ...). I've chosen my own branch now (ParagrimmUO) and in Visual Studio, the Github Desktop App and on the webpage itself it says "ParagrimmUO" now. Is that correct? Can I do so many pulls and pushes as I want to do and no one will see it?! I don't want to interrupt the real uber h4xx0rs here while developing on/for the master branch.

Oh and btw. I don't plan to open a big shard where 38941 people could play on... it's mainly because I'm interested in and I want to create an own little world with quests and so on for maybe 5 people or so ... don't know. Just for fun :D.

I hope that someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!

I know it's a necro, but I love the idea of Raspberry Pi :)

If you have to enter the config every time and your ServUO doesn't save the world state (doesn't create "Save" folder) then it seems ServUO doesn't have the permissions it needs.

Try 'sudo make' and make sure ServUO has access to save config and world state

:( same thing here when I try to make, not able to make at all :(

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Error:
System.ArgumentException: Path is empty
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x00027] in <204f770036d441bb8dfd3daba3550e83>:0
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share) [0x00000] in <204f770036d441bb8dfd3daba3550e83>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <204f770036d441bb8dfd3daba3550e83>:0
at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromFileBatch (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00023] in <d2c057d9d34d4e029e580897bd60340c>:0
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromFile (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00006] in <d2c057d9d34d4e029e580897bd60340c>:0
at Server.ScriptCompiler.CompileCSScripts (System.Boolean debug, System.Boolean cache, System.Reflection.Assembly& assembly) [0x001c8] in <5bd66a663c1e498f9ca57d6f6d3faf07>:0
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile (System.Boolean debug, System.Boolean cache) [0x00034] in <5bd66a663c1e498f9ca57d6f6d3faf07>:0
at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00501] in <5bd66a663c1e498f9ca57d6f6d3faf07>:0
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

Exiting...done
Killed
Makefile:21: recipe for target 'run' failed
make: *** [run] Error 137

you need an edit in the ScriptCompiler.cs
line 237 change:
Code:
CompilerResults results = provider.CompileAssemblyFromFile( parms, "" );
to
Code:
CompilerResults results = provider.CompileAssemblyFromFile( parms, files);
This seems to be a new issue based on the newer mono versions.
Additionally you can edit the makefile and remove the 64 after mono there. (if you get the message "mono64 not found")
mono64 is as far as I know an Mac only thing but there is no check for the OS

Back