Hello, I am new at this (creating) and very confused about which applications I actually need for my server. It seems that some of them have the same purpose. I currently have Fiddler, Pandora, and Architect. And went through hell to get those all downloaded and working semi-correctly. Do I really need all 3 and if so, why? If each one has a very specific benefit, I need to know. Also, I have been told that the newest client does work with all 3 but I am running into more roadblocks with the more I attempt to do. Not sure if I should just bite the bullet and download the older client. It would be nice if there were current clear instructions on all of these, but most instructions are years old. :( I am basically wanting to create new deco, maybe some simple player quests, and basic server operations. I have received a lot of great help so far from here but I know I will need a lot more. Just want to make sure I am on the right path for my downloads. If there are any pro's out there that really do not mind if I message them stupid questions, please let me know. :)

Personally I have all 3 of these setup and use them although I rarely use Pandora because I find it quicker to just type in the command myself, but I did use it alot back when I first started out.

Fiddler is used to view or or modify the client. It isn't really needed if you don't plan to modify things like that but does open up a lot of possibilities (can add new graphics and many other things) (not required to run a server unless you want to modify the client)

Pandora is used for shortcuts to commands, placing objects in game, changing hues etc... (not required to run a server but can be helpful if you don't know all the commands etc...)

UO Architect is used mainly as an archive for things you and others have made and allows it to quickly be re-created and placed. It can also be used to move objects around and some other things. (not required to run a server but is very nice for decorating)

Personally I have all 3 of these setup and use them although I rarely use Pandora because I find it quicker to just type in the command myself, but I did use it alot back when I first started out.

Fiddler is used to view or or modify the client. It isn't really needed if you don't plan to modify things like that but does open up a lot of possibilities (can add new graphics and many other things) (not required to run a server unless you want to modify the client)

Pandora is used for shortcuts to commands, placing objects in game, changing hues etc... (not required to run a server but can be helpful if you don't know all the commands etc...)

UO Architect is used mainly as an archive for things you and others have made and allows it to quickly be re-created and placed. It can also be used to move objects around and some other things. (not required to run a server but is very nice for decorating)
Great ty for the reply! Which client do you use?

I have a few different servers that I tinker around with from time to time.
I have one that I keep up to date with the newest ServUO and with it I keep the client up to date with whatever the newest is, If your not planning to add custom graphics/animations etc... That's what I would recommend.

The other 2 are both older clients one is a T2A client. The other is around 4 years old and has lots of custom graphics etc... in it and uses custom maps. Neither of them however use ServUO for the server.

The client you use should be based on the era of the game your planning to try to emulate.

Thank you, I may need an older client then. I would like to add some custom graphics. That is...when I figure out how to make it in one program and transfer it to the other...and deed it to place back on the server o_O Thanks for the feedback!
[doublepost=1550979700][/doublepost]
Thank you, I may need an older client then. I would like to add some custom graphics. That is...when I figure out how to make it in one program and transfer it to the other...and deed it to place back on the server o_O Thanks for the feedback!
When I am working with Pandora, should I be able to see and use all the images I can see on Fiddler. For instance, I am looking for the gargoyle wallmirror in pandora and can't find it. I found it in fiddler but I'm not sure how to get it both places. There seems to be a lot more graphics in Fiddler than what I have in Pandora.

Last edited:
With Pandora there are some items you can find (as below) Fiddler does give the item id also- so get the ID- add an item with Pandora in game-use [set itemid 00000 <<with the number- which will show something as 0x1234
Pandora--
In pandora- Item tab- then uncategorized- over to item
add in ID-so going with arrows up or down from here should give most of them
Only bad thing is -if you go to Deco-then back you have to add the ID again
[ServUO.com]-SSpandora.jpg

With Pandora there are some items you can find (as below) Fiddler does give the item id also- so get the ID- add an item with Pandora in game-use [set itemid 00000 <<with the number- which will show something as 0x1234
Pandora--
In pandora- Item tab- then uncategorized- over to item
add in ID-so going with arrows up or down from here should give most of them
Only bad thing is -if you go to Deco-then back you have to add the ID again
View attachment 12950
awesome! this helped! Didn't realize there was an Item id # and another number that corresponded to it. Through Pandora, is there a way to nudge left and right? I see the up/down nudge but no left/right.
How do you change a prop that is read-only? For instance "decay" is true - need false but no way to change.
What if the item shows in fiddler and I find the item Id in pandora but when I use it, it is an "unused" tile and I don't see the item.

Last edited:
Nudge.PNG

Nudge moves objects Up/Down (Z axis)
The arrow Keys (blue) to the right of it moves objects N/S/E/W/NE/SE/NW/SW (X,Y Axis)

If the decay is true and you don't want something to decay set movable to false

The "unused" tiles showing fine in Fiddler and in Pandora but not in game would make me think that they are pointed to a different version of the client than you are using.

Last edited:
Back