1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update Publish 54.7

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by Vorspire, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Vorspire

Vorspire Vita-Nex: Core
    Admin ServUO Developer

Fixes bard immunity for peerless bosses who shouldn't be immune!
    https://github.com/jamesblack/ServUO/commit/1d13167c91046a2e649b1d248997ce226862a9bd
    By CeJayce

Fixes difficulty of WordOfDeath to reflect OSI. This allows for spellweaving to be risen to 120
    https://github.com/jamesblack/ServUO/commit/de197b2db61c518c07212b9ffe52a2a423bfa363
    By CeJayce

Adds ability to imbue bow with velocity/balance as per OSI ruleset.
    https://github.com/jamesblack/ServUO/commit/f60a2db4899778ee86a4c9b1d8161f663cbb9f44
    By RavenWolfe

Fixes Torc of the Guardians being unwearable by gargoyles.
    https://github.com/jamesblack/ServUO/commit/e45b2a68a0ce778a62ab5ddce71853165477de06
    By xGOOBERx

Adds UnknownSkeleton containers to ant lion droptable, to be more OSI like.
    https://github.com/jamesblack/ServUO/commit/8652cb93675bd96b30846e80be8716e99928b1d4
    By xGOOBERx

• Like Like x 2
    • Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Toriad

Toriad Shard Owner

Thanks for all your Fixes guys!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Milva

Admin Moderator

Thanks Vorspire & Toriad for your testing and updating these fixes :)

4. Hank

Hank Active Member

Keep up the great work!

5. ruaduck

ruaduck Member

What is the best way to get the new scripts without overwriting what I might have already put in mine?

6. Ce Jayce

Ce Jayce Member

If you've not edited a script from servuo just pull it directly from the repository. However if you need to merge the two then it might be a bit more tricky. Navigate to the individual commit in the ServUO repository and find the changes (Red = Lines Removed Green = Lines Added). Little bit long winded if there is a lot of changes but if you keep on top of the updates there it won't take you long.

7. Kalamus

Kalamus Active Member

If you pulled the repo with Git and made you changes locally you can commit your changes to your local repo then all you have to do is do another pull anytime there is an update and Git will handle merging for you. This is really the best way to pull changes because doing them by hand can cause user errors.

8. Hank

Hank Active Member

I used winmerge, it took all of 5-10 minutes to figure out and after that it took some knowledge of my own personal code/edits and I was done and up to date.

9. Kalamus

Kalamus Active Member

Guess I need to find some time next week to make a Git tutorial if everyone is still merging by hand. With Git it takes all of one click of a button to 'pull' all the changes from github into your local repo even if you are several updates behind. Doesn't matter what you've changed with your local repo it will merge the new updates for you. Very rarely does it run into merge conflicts where you made changes to the same files at the same time and update was done and then it resorts you to merge those conflicts with a merge tool like kdiff, winmerge, ect. It will let you know when this happens and let you fix the merges before moving on. It's the reason ForkUO/ServUO was moved to Git a long time ago to make this process much easier with local repos.

10. ruaduck

ruaduck Member

Yes please make a Git tutorial. I have never used Git nor have i heard of it prior to this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Vorspire

Vorspire Vita-Nex: Core
    Admin ServUO Developer

I recommend installing Git Bash (pre-requisite), then TortoiseGit, that's the easiest way to manage Git repositories IMO.

12. Ce Jayce

Ce Jayce Member

Question with the whole git thing, I'm fairly new to it and keep running into problems.
    The way I develop for my server is I have BitBucket repository, I then cloned that on my machine. I make changes to it there and commit them to the repo. Then when i try and pull it on my server which is also a clone of the same repository (just a compiled, running version) - it tells me I can't because I have uncomitted changes. All of these changes are in binary files, saves or logs etc which I don't want committed to the repo. I set up a .gitignore file for the folders & files in question but it only seemed to work on half the items i listed in there? :/
    Also, as my server is not originally a 'clone/fork of the ServUO one is there any way to link it now or should I have done that long ago?

13. Toriad

Toriad Shard Owner

I'm going to go ahead and suggest we move these questions to a support forum, lets keep our news clean of long off topic discussions. However CE I have a pretty good working knowledge of Git since I do it daily. If you want to setup a time to talk on skype and/or IRC. I think I can help you figure out all you're problems.