xG00BERx

xG00BERx submitted a new resource:

Pumpkin Player Spawning - OSI Similar Pumpkin Spawning with players names.

I remember back when I was a bit younger and played OSI With my dad Pumpkins would spawn with random players names that had been created over the years on OSI or something similar to that and I wanted to recreate that for servers around so that players can seek out their own pumpkin or even the pumpkin of another player to sell it to them or whatever.

One down side to this script is it depends on a file called PlayerNames.log which is something you will have to install in the...

Read more about this resource...

What a really fun idea! Nice one, Goober :)

Thank you much! If you try it out let me know and tell me what I can upgrade etc. I might just make a few edits and get started on some Christmas or Thanksgiving Events :D

Might be hard pushed to incorporate it on the live shard, but I can certainly give as shot on my test shard at some point. Really got soooo much going on at the moment (In as much as both Tass and I have been working flat out on the projects we currently have.)

You know how it goes, anyway. :p

Might be hard pushed to incorporate it on the live shard, but I can certainly give as shot on my test shard at some point. Really got soooo much going on at the moment (In as much as both Tass and I have been working flat out on the projects we currently have.)

You know how it goes, anyway. :p

For sure, I might just make a simple command that somehow adds all the current players that are online to the list and if the name is already added it ignores it or something? I really wish in the "Saves" that the XML Had each characters name in there then I could for sure just have the name added from the XML's

We will see what happens. If you need any help on your server or whatever or have any ideas you don't have the time to run with I can prolly tamper with them and send them over for you.

I think it's a very nice touch to give that personal experience for players by having named pumpkins spawning around the world, though. I can see your script having applications for other festive events and actvities. So, definitely a thumbs from me.

And we're just about on track, I think. Our Werewolves and Vampire expansion is very close to completion. It might even have been finished sooner, had I not been trying to stir up interest in our shard again making vids, posters, forum posts all over the shop. In addition to making a few other unrelated but Halloweeny quests/events. lol

I get this error when I do the CharacterCreation edit

Code:
Errors:
+ Misc/CharacterCreation.cs:
    CS0246: Line 750: The type or namespace name 'StreamWriter' could not be fou
nd (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 750: The type or namespace name 'StreamWriter' could not be fou
nd (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

With his directions he does not suggest Using at the top of CharacterCreation
But maybe try it for the heck of it with PlayerNames.log

Back