dmurphy

Administrator
I just pushed the Honesty virtue to the master branch.

I feel that it is feature complete and should work as intended but also require feedback from you guys. Please let me know if you see any odd behavior with it. Especially when the shard saves (The 'lost' items are generated then)

I have not looked at it yet but just a quick question. If you save every 5 minutes or every 4 hours does it affect this?

I have not looked at it yet but just a quick question. If you save every 5 minutes or every 4 hours does it affect this?

Yes, 50 lost items are generated every save up to a cap of 1000. This can be changed in Honesty.cs though. The process to generate the lost items is quite intense though so it might add a few seconds to save time if you generate a lot of items at once. My pc can personally generate the whole 1k items in .6 seconds but I am running a 6700k :p

Still a little behind on testing this but one question.

I have a special NPC that sells rare items for gold. Will this also lower his prices?

If so is there a way to add in a way to exclude some custom NPC vendors?

Yes, good point. I will add an override to enable you to exclude some vendors. WIll be on the repo asap.

Done.

Add to your vendor:

Code:
public override bool HasHonestyDiscount { get { return false; } }

Awesome! Thank you
[doublepost=1463917239][/doublepost]Another question/worry.

At top tier is it possible that some items can now be sold for less than their buyback?

Example: (just an example not something I actually tested)

Knight of Honesty

Leather legs purchased for 8gp. Instead of 16gp.

NPC buys leather legs for 10gp.

Player can afk run an easyuo macro that buys and sells back items 24/7 thus inflating gold on the shard.
[doublepost=1463923317][/doublepost]Where do the honesty chests spawn?

Each town is supposed to have on unique to that town.

UoGuide.

As you travel the lands of Trammel and Felucca, you may find lost items. These items will say "Lost Item (Return To Gain Honesty)" when you mouse-over them.

To turn in a lost item for Honesty credit: In a bank of each of the Virtue Towns (Britain, Yew, Moonglow, Trinsic, Skara Brae, New Magincia, Jhelom and Minoc) there is a lost and found box. Put the item in the box for Honesty credit. You may use Forensic Evaluation skill to gain more information about the owner of the item. If you turn the item into the Lost And Found Box in the city where the owner lives, you will get double Honesty points for your extra effort. If you give the item to the original owner, you will get quadruple honesty points.

Honesty gives you discounts at NPC merchants. The higher your rank in Honesty, the bigger your discount. The discount is applied to the total purchase. The discount is not shown in the merchant window, but you will see a system message once you make the purchase.

Other Virtue System tweaks: The total virtue point cap has been increased so that it is easier to maintain Knight rank. All virtues now decay at the same rate as the current rate for Valor. (This is a significant decrease in decay rate for most virtues.) Skills that had their decay rate reduced now spend virtue when you use them.

The maximum discount is 30pc, this is the same as OSI. I have to assume that they have thought this out, if not then we can come up with something. It will require some investigation. If you see this behavior let me know.

The lost and found boxes are not automatically generated right now. You will need to place them manually until I get around to adding them to [createworld.

Yyy... I cant even find such item. If it exists could you tell me the name of this item? Could anyone export spawners for me?

[global interface honestyitem where basearmor
(baseweapon also works)

then to find the mobile, first use forensic eval on the item to get mobile's name, then:

[global interface <mobilename>

Back