Lokai

Lokai submitted a new resource:

Quest Core Changes - Modification to allow greater search capability

WHAT IS THIS?

This is a core modification to BaseQuester and MondainQuester to allow enhanced search capability. It requires implementation of an abstract member to each Quest Mobile, so the mobiles that are part of the latest Distro ServUO release are included with the modification already made. In addition, there is a gump included that I think is a great help for any owner. (More about that below.)

HOW TO INSTALL:

If you have a standard ServUO (or JustUO) system, you can copy contents of...

Read more about this resource...

This is great man, nice job! Too bad you have to have VNC to use it, but still great work!
Any chance of including XmlQuests as well?

Actually XmlQuests are sort of included. I was not too sure how they worked, and did not include them in the list of "Shard Quests" since they are basically player-based. But I stuck them in there for the "Active quests" part.

XmlQuests also have their own Quest Log. So they work very similar to Core Quests....although, I don't know if Core Quests use any kind of hidden values for items, quest enemies, etc...XmlQuests usually use a value stored in the QuestBook or an XmlAttachment value.

Good morning. I would like to inquire if you are still updating your core modification to the quest system as I just drag and dropped it but am experiencing an error:
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Customs/LokaiSystems/Quests.cs:
    CS1061: Line 89: 'Server.Engines.Quests.BaseQuester' does not contain a defi
nition for 'ParentQuestSystem' and no extension method 'ParentQuestSystem' accep
ting a first argument of type 'Server.Engines.Quests.BaseQuester' could be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS1061: Line 113: 'Server.Engines.Quests.BaseQuester' does not contain a def
inition for 'DoesOffer' and no extension method 'DoesOffer' accepting a first ar
gument of type 'Server.Engines.Quests.BaseQuester' could be found (are you missi
ng a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Thank you for your kind attention and for sharing the mod. Have a nice day!

Good morning. I would like to inquire if you are still updating your core modification to the quest system as I just drag and dropped it but am experiencing an error:
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Customs/LokaiSystems/Quests.cs:
    CS1061: Line 89: 'Server.Engines.Quests.BaseQuester' does not contain a defi
nition for 'ParentQuestSystem' and no extension method 'ParentQuestSystem' accep
ting a first argument of type 'Server.Engines.Quests.BaseQuester' could be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS1061: Line 113: 'Server.Engines.Quests.BaseQuester' does not contain a def
inition for 'DoesOffer' and no extension method 'DoesOffer' accepting a first ar
gument of type 'Server.Engines.Quests.BaseQuester' could be found (are you missi
ng a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Thank you for your kind attention and for sharing the mod. Have a nice day!

This would no longer be exactly "drag-n-drop" compatible, since changes were made to the location of some files in the core ServUO. The important thing is to find the files that I changed, and overwrite the existing files of the same name. Sorry if you had trouble with this. If you correctly overwrite the core files with mine, those errors will go away. It's possible you still have BOTH copies of those files in the server.

Good evening. Thank you Lokai for your response.

I am unsure of the files required replacing other than the Mobiles~ which I have merged without errors.
Other than mobile scripts, the only script is the Quest.cs which I cannot find within the server folder as well as the script folder.

I also did a search for Server.Engines.Quests.BaseQuester and ParentQuestSystem within servuo folder.
I'll try again~ thank you and have a great week ahead.

Back